Disposing of old lawnmowers.

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Disposing of old lawnmowers.

Post by snoopdog »

I just had to buy a new lawnmower, what do people do with the old ones ? Just curious, I have two old ones now that need to go someplace.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

You could take them to the salvation army they will take them.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Oh good idea.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

we have so much new home construction going on in our area, we have used the large dumpsters onsite for that purpose several times.
-Josh Murrah
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

I dunno, the salvation army is getting pretty picky now adays. I think it is more a resell shop... I know we tried for months to get them to p/u a working tv and a bed/matress set and they would not :shock:
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I would drop it off at the goodwill drop box at night. That's what I do with fish guts and heads after i'm done cleaning them.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Hey, are they fixable? I'll pick them up if they are. I'm uhm.. very rough on lawnmowers, so I just get beaters until not even duct-tape can hold them together anymore :)
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

One is about a $500 self propelled Sears my dad somehow broke in one season, bagger too. All I know is it is a OHV? engine and runs fine but spurts oil from the muffler ??

The other is a Murray High Wheel that worked just fine until two weeks ago, I think the spark plug wire rusted at the tip, I am pretty sure there is no spark. It was very hot when I was working on it and just got fed up, literally.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Sounds good to me :)

What I have now is pretty much held together with barbed-wire and duct tape, just replaced yet another wheel.. I break those A LOT.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Well come on down !!
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

or just look for a repair shop somewhere and see if they want them. I had 2 broken ones and found a guy in the thrifty nickel that fixes them. well the one was so old it was falling apart and the otherone was not fixable. He came over and picked them up just for the parts.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I have a Toro that is doing the same thing. It looks like a fogger is going when it is running and a steady stream of oil is coming out of the exhaust. I haven't tore into mine yet but I bet it has a broken piston ring or worse. iIf the ring is broken it is usually f-ed because the broken ring will score the cylinder wall. If Brandon doesn't get it, I'll come pick it up. Maybe I can either repair it or make some frankenstein POS out of our two.

BTW, if it says overhead and is a push mower it's pretty likely that it is a Briggs if that helps.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yeah both are Briggs engines.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.