Real ???

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Real ???

Post by snoopdog »

Cannot decide if this is real or another Blair Witch type thing ??

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/coyote1.html
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

It's neat, but I could hardly hear it.. couldn't really hear what is going on unless I turned the sound all the way up.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

There is a growling at the beginning, then toward the end. I could not see where the guy had just waken like they said, but you can definitely hear something rustling through the woods.

I imagine the guy filming had the pee scared out of him.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

I have a cousin that owns a dairy in the northwest Florida area. It is common that on walks early in the morning and later in the evening that coyotes follow in the nearby woods. It is an incredibly earie feeling. Most of the time they will get just within visual range. If you stop, they stop. The eariest part is when they talk with the little yips and yaps. You wonder if they are sizing up dinner or their chance for dinner. I have a college age cousin that walks her small dog while talking to the same coyotes in the woods. It is interesting to watch them play across the larger fields. They have never made an agressive move. They are very curious.

To answer the obvious question, yes they do eat cows but only calves and heifers and only if they can get to them. This is not an easy task as the herd is very protective. If it appears that a coyote has taken a cow the coyote population takes a sudden nose dive due to severe lead poisoning. Given that the natural rate of death on a dairy provides a substantial anount of meat in the two bone yards, it is probably a pretty good gig.

In general, however, the theory is live and let live.

I have had the absolute s**t scared out of me on purpose on on accident numerous times in my life, however the worst incident by far was not due to coyotes but did happen at the dairy. I love the night time in the woods in country areas. The sounds of life are incredible. I often will venture out into the edge of one of the open fields just to see what happens near dark (ok, so most times I have a gun). One particular night I hunkered down in a draw about 30 yards from a large spring adjacent to an open field. The coyotes frequent this area and I thought I would see what happened. As it got dark, I heard plenty of movement around me but saw nothing. I decided to get up and head for the house. As I got up, I turned on my flashlight. At the very same instant the most blood curdling scream pierded the night just to my side. How far I jumped up I don't know but I guarantee you I was on radar.

Somehow a bobcat had wandered very near where I was without seeing me or I seeing it. I obviously surprised it as much as it surprised me. Talk about adrenaline rush. It took forever for my senses to calm down. If you have ever heard a bobcat scream, you will understand it is incredibly bone wrenching. It sounds like a person in incredible agony screaming louder than anything you have ever heard.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

I actually think I saw something just off to the left at the end....... possibly just a shadow though........definately could hear leaves rustling.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

If you have ever heard a bobcat scream, you will understand it is incredibly bone wrenching. It sounds like a person in incredible agony screaming louder than anything you have ever heard.
I used to hear them occasionally in the woods at my house in Tennessee. It's definately one that'll stop you in your tracks....or wake you up out of a deep sleep. It kind of crawls right up your spine, even if you know what it is.