The cat 5 hurricane formerly known as Tropical Storm Katrina

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

We will be here through it.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

How about a list of those that have generator that wouldn't mind taking a reasonable amount of peices just in case. If you leave a cell number I will erase them all after the storm.

I don't have a genset but I do have several battery back ups that will keep a few things going. If anyone lives near me (just south of I-10 off DIP) and thinks there tank is not capable of sustaining life I will do my best to keep it. It may not get any light but I did very well after Ivan and was out of power for a week. Just call 680-2515.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
JIM
Amoeba

Post by JIM »

Ok I would be able to help with this Issue.
(YELLING JIM)
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

We're staying, we're boarded up, gassed up, etc.

I hate it for anyone....I hope the folks in New Orleans that could get out got out.
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

I'm staying too, but I'm a bit further from most of you (in pensacola)

hoepfully you all come through well, and if I can help, just let me know.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I have a 240G tank, virtually empty, and a 6000w generator... I have VHO ONLY tho. West Mobile.
-Josh Murrah
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I have a generator that I doubt will get any use this time. I know I'll be over in Daphne on tuesday but just don't see myself driving west tomorrow morning. But then again i work for the federal government and you never know with them. You can reach me at 850-476-5446 if you happen to need it.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I really should had brought that expensive grill inside the house. Or at least chained it down. I never thought it would had moved with the wheels locked and it weighing 300lbs. Plus I had it pressed against the back glass out of alot of the wind. Oh well I am sure the dents will come out.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
GeoGriffin
Amoeba

Post by GeoGriffin »

Karen,

Meigan and I hope your daughter made it safely to your house. We were praying for you guys last night. I just want to thank you guys again for all of the great frags you sold (gave) us yesterday. We are soo excited with them. They are really going to help get some life in our new (bare) tank. With a little time and TLC that is. Hope ya'll are doing ok.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

power out here....... but I am not leaving the tank again...... those of you that remember my last tank know why.

So we are stockpiled on fuel and pina colada mix.

This message brought to you courtesy of Coleman 6250 Generator
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Drink up !!
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I have a large purple monticap if any body wants some. I broke it yestarday trying to flip my stupid clam upright. I was tired from boarding up all day and a little careless. If that clam turns over again i'm going to throw it against the fence.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
GeoGriffin
Amoeba

Post by GeoGriffin »

hehe, I'd take a peice but I dont think I'm going to be down that way anytime soon:( To bad. I just started my tank and am severly lacking in fauna. I was down there yesterday however and Karen and billy hooked me up with some great stuff so hopefully that can get me started.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I would love a piece of that but things keep popping up from me and Amy visiting you guys !!
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
reefer21
Amoeba

Post by reefer21 »

It is now night here in Pace, FL and I have been watching tv all day and I am hearing chilling storys about the storm. One man reported on wkrg5 that he lost his wife when his house split apart in the rising water (she said let me go and take care of my two boys). He tried to find her, but with no avail. I usually don't cry but I had too casue it was so sad that he had nowhere to go and all he had was his two boys. Also, in Harrison County (Biloxi Mississippi) 50+ people were conferimed dead. I have a feeling that their are more dead, only because so many people stayed by not taking the manatory evacuations seriously.

I hope everyone did well in the storm.

Jason