who has power ?

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Who has power

I do!
62%
Not me ... I got nothin
10%
Not me... but I have a Generator
29%

Total votes: 21

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Keep tuned into 97.5 they have been yelling out when they hear of gas openings.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Well I just came from the house and we finaly have power again. But I got the lights on the tank turnd on and noticed a lot of my SPS is starting to RTN due to lack of light. I was not able to run the lights very much due to overloading the generator. It seems like everything else is ok though. My skimmer was going crazy though I will have to a couple of water changes this week end to get it back to looking better.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

still no power here. I too have lost some stuff due to no lights.. i am running a few vho's today and adding extra ice bottles......... maybe i will get lucky...
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Well the offer still stands if you want to stash some stuff here don't have a great deal of room but we are willing to let it stay here for the duration....

Amy and Kevin
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Amyjoe wrote:Well the offer still stands if you want to stash some stuff here don't have a great deal of room but we are willing to let it stay here for the duration....

Amy and Kevin
Thanks for the offer Amy, you guys are great... thanks to all the club members who have offered a helping hand. I'm hoping everything will be fine as long as i can get a little light to stuff over the next few days.

Either way I am still humbled by the real tragedy that others have suffered and continue to suffer. Every time I get frustrated with heat, lack of power and minor losses.... I just watch the TV and see the parents , holding thier kids with no place to go, babies with no food...stranded and helpless. Some having lost everyhting they have worked for , but reduced to Begging for water to keep thier family alive....I have to admit that tears have made thier way to my eyes very few times in my life, but this tragedy for New Orleans and the coast has hit me close to home and thinking about those victims is overwhelming. I know this will be resolved in time, but it seems almost surreal to see the rest of us get back to normal and go about day to day life.... back to work, hair appointments, watching our favorite TV shows. .... anyway....... dont know why i am rambling, but I dont guess I will delete this post.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

have a 240G, 1/2 empty, with 640w of VHO and lots of room to host stuff.
-Josh Murrah
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

We got power back just before dark tonight.

I have stopped all welding projects for the truck, but am still going to teach the kids how to use a boomerang :P

I think I will only lose a few corals....
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

SaltnLime wrote:We got power back just before dark tonight.

I have stopped all welding projects for the truck, but am still going to teach the kids how to use a boomerang :P

I guarantee that movie is rented out.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Glad you have power back.... anyone else still without?
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

snoopdog wrote:
SaltnLime wrote:We got power back just before dark tonight.

I guarantee that movie is rented out.
It was on tv a few nights ago and forest gump was on last night.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I was without power for a three or four days. I didn't even know what day it was until my cable finally came back on this morning so I am not real sure. Unfortunately I had to use all the fans off the tank to keep my wife and kids cool using the battery back ups that Kevin gave me a while back. With those and some batteries they kept from getting overheated when it was 95 in our house at night. The tank didn't fare too well though. I am still keeping an eye on a few pieces hoping that they may come back. I have had no problems with my LPS and my next tank may be dedicated to them and whatever I have left of the others just because ethey are a little more forgiving. I did go buy a generator but my grandmother was in bad shape after the storm from dehydration so they got the use of it.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Freezing containers of ice have saved my ass twice now.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

It kind of snuck up on me. I watched the temp closely the first day, it never got above 77, the second day it was below 80, I am not sure what happened after that. I was too busy with other things.
Last edited by Scott on Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Well the days following got nothing but hotter. I noticed other hurricanes brought in alot cooler of air than this one.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.