What do you do ? Who are you ?

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Taddster
Amoeba

Post by Taddster »

Pete (Taddster)
New York City Boy Native
Zoologist originally. Specialized in Octopi and other cephalopods (also always kept large Moray Eels). I worked for and with CITES for several years rebuilding populations of Mexican Red Knee Tarantulas and Mata Mata Turtles. New to general reef keeping and very lazy and relaxed on water changes.
Started a clothing line several years ago...and it sells out every year. So, animals are put on hold.
I have 125 gallon saltwater tank and a 4500 gallon (16x16) tropical fish pond.
I breed and show Scottish Terriers and West Highland White Terriers.
I have 2 sons: Brenden 14 years old; Aean 4 years old.

I work and do a lot of public service.
Last edited by Taddster on Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Tad A.S. DePaola
B.S, B.F.A, B.A, M.S, Ph.D.
Specialized in Marine Cephalopods
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Name's Andrew
I too work at B&B Pet Stop in SW dept. (who would have guessed)
I am currently a college student at 19 yrs old
I go to Spring Hill College, where I am double-majoring in marine biology and pre-health, with intentions of getting a degree in veterinary medicine (possibly marine).
Interests are aquariums, animals, plants, dogs, and things like that...Running, exercising.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Hello, my name is Billy I'm a reefaholic,
(Hellllloooo Billy)

I am currently in a 12 step reefcovery program.

I am downsizing to a 5 gallon bucket and a flashlight, hermit crab only. No water filtration, hermit crabs can crawl out if it gets too bad.

Replacing copepods with existing cockroaches, more readily available.

Hopefully Karen won't hender my progression with lofty thoughts of another tank.
Karen
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

haha billy, nice one...

mike and leslie leachman
been doing aquariums since i was about 9, worked for 5 star pets and waggy tail for about 8 yrs
had every tank known to man...(like a used car salesman)
finally at a 29 reef, til we purchase (or build) a home, then back to another big one!!

intrests: reef, 4x4, video games, and being with friends

occupation: she sews...opening her shop on dec.1 and i am a field supervisor apprentice for Kool-Air Sunrooms and Home-life window

said i was gonna get out of the hobby about a 100 times and cant seem to bring myself to do it.(im on medication for it)

and i have a 7mo old baby boy named Chrisitan...Jr. Reefer
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Aha! another witness to the madness! You know what NM354 and I have to deal with at B&B. BTW, how was your experience at 5 star?
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

hell, leigh wolert was my boss..what a bitch (sorry to all whom is related) other than that i guess it was....o..k but i was offered more money at waggy tail, so i bolted, best decision i made...but the money sux..ah well, live and learn
crsswift70
Copepod

Post by crsswift70 »

Chris Werther
male, 35, former Army, former Critical Care RN, currently a network administrator for a company downtown. Wife and Daughter, 3 cats, 1 1y/o wild ball of shedding fur called a golden retriever. have always had an aquarium but took the leap in july to a salty. 29gallon for now but beaver says he knew i had the bug when he first talked to me and i think he may be right! looking for a 20-40 gallon tank to try my hand at propagation. anyone got one sitting in the shed? :wink:
110chadman
Copepod

Post by 110chadman »

chad lovelace 26 wife jennifer 2 cats and all my hobbies

been reef'n for about 2.5 yrs now i think still working on my 110 --- still no water!! 10 gallon with zoas and algae!!

im an inside sales manager for universal media services -- sell broadcast video and audio equiptment to news stations production houses school systems and churches (not the chicken)!! lots of video tape and data media

befor this i was an installer for kens car tunes in pensacola (ive been installing car audio since i was 16 was mecp certified at one point ) still do it on the side for the reef budjet!!!

moved to pensacola going on 7-8 years ago lived in tallahassee was an installer at 2 shops both of which have closed down--- i must have been the best they had!!!!!

chad
gitting things back in order and starting over!!!
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Ok find me a faceplate for a 2005 Mazda 6, for under $175 too.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Beaver
Amoeba

Post by Beaver »

Beaver:

Interest include massive amounts of football, seeing if I can put too much flow in an aquarium(106x/hr turnover in a 75 gal),fishing and cooking. I live with my girlfriend Mary and my dogg Boot. (will bite). I am a professional student. I go to school at USA, work for Aquaman at Progessive Marine, and am a heavy drinker.

Been keping tanks for about 4 yrs.

Future plans to finish school and help Billy with his bucket of chicken I meant hermit crabs.
oddball
Amoeba

Post by oddball »

wrong post