best powerhead?

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

satchmofish
Amoeba

best powerhead?

Post by satchmofish »

whats the best kind of powerhead to get? also, where is the best place to get cleaner packages. all my snails died & i need to restock.
thanks,
russ
uncommon valor was a common virtue
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

tunze stream line for sure... but your looking at a good bit of money per power head...

one that myself and others like are the rio seio series. They are not that expensive, and can be stripped down and look close to what the tunze look like. They provide a nice wide current, compaired to other power heads like MJ's
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

If you make it out this way this week, we can show you ours, I love them (seio) and would not go back to the previous ones.
Also, lets find were we can get a deal on them if several of us go in together. We need to get more snails. I am not into the other forms of cleaners. I find that the snails of different species do a great job all on their own.
Karen
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

I am about to order two 820's for my tank, and would consider holding off for a bit, if we can get enough people together to get a decent price... who knows... if the price is good enough, i may get a 3rd :P
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Where are you getting your 820s from and for how much if I may ask
Karen
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

petsolutions/drfostersmith i think they are right around 40 bucks

getting free shipping on orders over 60 bucks so lets just say 2 for 80 bucks
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

It's up to you, but we have 2 or 3 of them we could sell you for 40 each save yourself some $ for something else. They are 820s and we just bought them last year. I have them in my 75 right now, but I want to go with only 1 stronger one. Let me know.
But I do still want to go in on snails with someone.
Karen
satchmofish
Amoeba

Post by satchmofish »

mykpoz, you werent kidding about the price, & the seio looks exactly the same.
karen, we should be coming out to mobile tomorrow (tesday) would that be ok with you? if we can order snails with alot of people, that would be great, i'm in.
i found out what was wrong with my tank, appearently, it was copper, i must have introduced it with the diamond goby i just bought, although, i dont know how. so i took out the corals & a freind is keeping them right now, added some cuprisorb & playing the waiting game.

thanks,
russ
uncommon valor was a common virtue
lwready
Amoeba

Post by lwready »

Jahdiel wrote:It's up to you, but we have 2 or 3 of them we could sell you for 40 each save yourself some $ for something else. They are 820s and we just bought them last year. I have them in my 75 right now, but I want to go with only 1 stronger one. Let me know.
But I do still want to go in on snails with someone.
I am interested in the powerheads if you still have them.

Thanks
Larry

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you. Gandalf
Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

I put 1 of the 1500's in my tank this weekend. That thing moves some water around. Just need the money to get 1 more.
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

I have a 820 plus some MJ's and i am planning on adding a 1500. The only down side to the seio's is you can't put them on a wave timer but i have heard that they are in the process of making one for them.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

They've been in the process for quite a while now. (well over a year). I just ordered a 1500, to go with the 1100 and the 820 in my tank. But I'm waiting to see the new "super" ones that Icecap is coming out with. They actually have the motor on the outside of the tank that magnetically (I believe that's how it works) drives the impeller on the inside of the tank. What do you want to bet they'll make the Tunze look cheap?? :)

But for the best low cost and effective powerhead...Seio hands down.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Scroll down a bit on this page to the icecap Vortex, there's a link to a 6 meg movie that shows it in action...massive. If Rio is smart they better come out with that Seio controller soon.

http://www.sparklingfloorservice.com/me ... ech_lg.wmv
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

satchmofish wrote:mykpoz, you werent kidding about the price, & the seio looks exactly the same.
karen, we should be coming out to mobile tomorrow (tesday) would that be ok with you? if we can order snails with alot of people, that would be great, i'm in.
i found out what was wrong with my tank, appearently, it was copper, i must have introduced it with the diamond goby i just bought, although, i dont know how. so i took out the corals & a freind is keeping them right now, added some cuprisorb & playing the waiting game.

thanks,
russ
IF YOU ARE TALKING AFTER 4 THAT WOULD BE GREAT WITH US.
Karen
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

they are still up for grabs.
Last edited by Jahdiel on Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karen