New addition.

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Snakeman
Astrea snail

New addition.

Post by Snakeman »

I got this anemone last week about 8 miles out in the gulf. I didn't have any of my collecting gear so I got this one because it was small enough to fit in my water bottle and it was on an oyster shell and was easy to get. There was a lot of anemones like this one that were about 3-4 inches and were yellow. I saw some really cool stuff but I had no way of getting it.
Attachments
Anemone.JPG
Anemone.JPG (150.25 KiB) Viewed 1372 times
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Sweet! When are you gonna take me diving!
-Josh Murrah
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

Are you certified? I got lucky last week because I got to go on a boat. I haven't done hardly any diving this year because all this rain has the water really nasty. The next time I get to go to one of my local spots i'm going to post when i'm going so anybody that want's to come can. Most of the places I go you can snorkle at and there is plenty of thing to see.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I've been dying to do some snorkeling/diving... I've delayed in getting my certs for SCUBA because of a lack of places locally and buds to go with. I'm definitly up any time for snorkeling... I haven't really gone since my last trip to Destin though, because there's a lack of good snorkeling areas around here (nothing to see, or water's cloudy). Let me know, I'd love to snorkel sometime, if wherever you're going it shallow enough.
-Josh Murrah
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

me and leslie snorkel all the time..let us know when you plan on going again and if its ok, we can tag along