moon

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Awesome pics. Doesn't it seem funny that every time someone takes a pic, you always see Mare Tranquilitatis? I guess it because it is so big-makes the moon more photogenic, though. Very nice telescope. I wanted a Meade Telestar, but didnt like the reviews. I cant make out the brand of yours-I am sort of in the market to find a nice reflecting telescope-so let me know what brand and its pros and cons that you have noticed (want to spend under $600 for a decent one :lol: )
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
danielmiller82
Bristleworm

Post by danielmiller82 »

I guess I will throw in mine as well...
Took this with my cheapo $160 telephoto lense handheld...I really need a good tripod.
Attachments
moon2.jpg
moon2.jpg (99.36 KiB) Viewed 1413 times
-daniel
http://www.admiller.com
-30g long and a 9g percula tank in the babies room.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Excellent! I know what you mean about the tripod. :)
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

I just wish I could take the pictures of half the stuff I am able to see in my scope ;\
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

Buy a cheap imager.

I strapped my Cannon 20D to my el cheapo meade 60AT and several minute exposures and got some great nebula pictures. You don't see anything really until you do some post processing. If you get the post processing correct it is amazing what you can shoot. I will see if I can find them.

I copied something I saw on a photo forum.
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

ya I know, its a matter of finding the money :)

actually, to get what i want, I need a different mount or scope, something that will allow me to do extended (10-40min) exposures, that will keep up with the earths rotation. I have done some small photography with the scope, but I cant see dumping money into it, when I need other things to complement and aid my normal viewing :)

have you bought a T adapter for your 60AT? or were you just using the 60T as a guide scope

and about the post processing you are right, its amaizing what comes out, but you can get better effect with longer exposures.

:P
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

Duh! I am stupid. I just realized you might not have an autotracking base.

I understand about the money thing. Astronomy and astrophotography is one of those deals you could dump a bunch of money into. I have too many hobbies already. As you saw the other day, my fish tastes have been running a little expensive.

I have not bought the t-adapter. I just saw the post on strapping the camera to the scope and letting it provide tracking. I used a 100-300 lense and a couple of minutes exposure. It was absolutely incredible what I ended up with.