lol, $550 for a pair of clowns

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

reefer21
Amoeba

lol, $550 for a pair of clowns

Post by reefer21 »

Snowflake Clowns - $550 for a pair

These clowns are no joke, they are real. But the price is a joke. I mean I could buy a lot of meals with this kind of money. Who does live aquaria think they are some kind of circus? I really think these clowns are the uglyiest clowns I have ever seen, they look like they have ick all over them. Imagine if they croaked on day 15?
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

Yeah, I think they are ugly and I think they are overpriced. Especially considering that now that they have been genetically replicated they can be reproduced readily. This is strictly a case of wanting to capitalize on being first.

That being said. I think it pays to keep in mind both from a buyer and, especially, a seller standpoint that there will always exist two types of people when compared to oneself; folks with a lot more money than us and folks with the same amount of money but different priorities in life.
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

someone will buy them and another will think it was a good buy. Its crazy how much people have to spend on stupid crap.
reefer21
Amoeba

Post by reefer21 »

NM354 wrote:someone will buy them and another will think it was a good buy. Its crazy how much people have to spend on stupid crap.
lol, I think someone did buy them because they are no longer under the "Divers Den" section anymore. The more I look at the fish, I think it looks like a fungus is growing on it.
titansgurl
Amoeba

Post by titansgurl »

Eww. Not only are those ugly but the price is even uglier. Of course SOMEONE will have the money and not common sense, and will buy those. It's kinda like when me and my dad were looking at Pomeranian puppies for my mom (she wants mine so bad). There was a company selling them for 3 grand to celebrities when you can get a good one from a breeder for as little at 2 or 300. If they have the money, they won't care how much it is.
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

titansgurl wrote:Eww. Not only are those ugly but the price is even uglier. Of course SOMEONE will have the money and not common sense, and will buy those. It's kinda like when me and my dad were looking at Pomeranian puppies for my mom (she wants mine so bad). There was a company selling them for 3 grand to celebrities when you can get a good one from a breeder for as little at 2 or 300. If they have the money, they won't care how much it is.
And those Poms are almost as good to look at as those clowns, with thier shaggy hair. I can't see why anyone would even pay $300 for one. :wink:

Little dogs :evil:
titansgurl
Amoeba

Post by titansgurl »

Poop on you.
titansgurl
Amoeba

Post by titansgurl »

You know you love little Rudie. You're always playing with him behind my back.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

I think I will buy the next pair that they have for sale. (Not) That price is Ridiculous
yardboy
Amoeba

Post by yardboy »

It's all relative. I wouldnt pay $300 for a Pomeranian, but my father thinks I'm nuts for paying $30 for a small rock of blue zoanthids. I think he's crazy for dropping $400 on a blue tick hounddog.
Actually, I think I'm nuts for paying $30 for a blue zoanthid colony (25 polyps) too. Not to mention the Acanthestrea or Echinophyllia. And how much have we paid for liverock?
Beware the advice of those with dollar signs in their eyes.
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

Then you'd probably think I'm really crazy for how much I've spent on my dogs! :D
-Kristyn
titansgurl
Amoeba

Post by titansgurl »

I'd pay thirty bucks for a colony of blue zoos. But I'm broke. I got kinda upset when Drew told me he bought an elegance. :( We just dropped a ton of money on the catering for the wedding.