Donkey and GuardFather .... u remember ?

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Donkey and GuardFather .... u remember ?

Post by snoopdog »

You guys remember the days of seeing these things come in ? You will have to download Google Player real quick to watch it. This is ....

1) Why I do not buy AMD.
2) Why I do not overclock.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... +overclock

I will say I do think it is fake, because you would see some smoke first.

Kind of like this video.

http://www12.tomshardware.com/images/th ... ooling.zip

If you cannot watch it, download DIVX.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
donkeyclubmember
Amoeba

Post by donkeyclubmember »

Yep. Any real tech "not ones like guardsister" has seen that with amd. But they are good cpu (my ass).
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”- Jeremiah 29:11
Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

Now we all know I don't like AMD for that very reason. AMD has a much faster pipeline, thus a faster throughput. But if the fan ever quits, you're done. And forget water cooling. You'll spend hundreds of dollars to bring your CPU temp down 2 to 5 degrees.

90% of all ASUS plannar boards will allow overclocking Intel chips. If you don't overclock, all you have to do is spend a few more dollars and get a P4 with 512 or 1024 cache.

That and the right videocard, you can play all the games you want. At least til they change the topology again.

Nuf said!
Captain Barbosa: "The code is more what you call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Ms Turner."
donkeyclubmember
Amoeba

Post by donkeyclubmember »

Guardnephew.... WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He ask did you guys remember? Not for psycho babble bs you are typing....
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”- Jeremiah 29:11
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

From what I understand AMD is pretty much relying on the board manufacturers to provide the temperature control and shutdown procedure.

On a side note Dell is starting to produce desktops with AMD chips in them, something they said they would never do again after the high failure rate in the past. They still will not put AMD chips in the laptops because Intel still holds to market on low temp speedstepping chips for laptops, AMD is still behind the times there.

AMD is looking better these days, but I hold a grudge a long time.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

snoopdog wrote:From what I understand AMD is pretty much relying on the board manufacturers to provide the temperature control and shutdown procedure.
That sounds real familiar. Kinda reminds me of something that was done in New Orleans recently. People were relying on somebody else to do what they should have done on their own. Besides, fan speed control has been around for several years but only has just started effectively working within the last year or so. It's not something I want to put trust in.

And while the subject is open ... Why do they insist on calling a 2.4ghz chip, a 3000+?
Captain Barbosa: "The code is more what you call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Ms Turner."
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

AMD has been doing this since the Socket 7 days.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Guardfather
Amoeba

Re: Donkey and GuardFather .... u remember ?

Post by Guardfather »

snoopdog wrote:You will have to download Google Player real quick to watch it.
What a piece of shit player. Google needs to stick with searching the internet.

As far as the vid ... I did sit through the agonizing lag to finally see the chip blow. First of all ... The fan was only just sitting on the chip with no latches. 'Cause he just reached in and lifted it off the processor. That is to say, it was only sitting on the four pads that stablizes it when the latches ARE hooked. That said, and as you well know, the fan doesn't rest on the chip itself until the latches are hooked. Therefore, not even in contact with the heatsink at all ... the processor would have burned up long before they even got a chance to run windows. It prolly wouldn't even finished posting. Let alone time to overclock it.

Yeah ... It's fake!