live food?

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

jtydell
Amoeba

live food?

Post by jtydell »

anyone ever try one of these?

Continuous Brine Shrimp Hatching Feeder
Attachments
brine.jpg
brine.jpg (57.62 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

I have one of those. It works pretty good. The only problem I've had is my suction cups aren't sticking to the glass anymore and every morning it's floating around in the tank....so I just took it out. I probably just need a new suction cup. But other than that it works. I recommending putting it in a refugium. The shrimp are so tiny when they're born that they go wherever the current goes....which is usually right into the filter.
-Kristyn
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Why in the hell does everything for a fish tank come with suction cups ? Two months later they are useless.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
megelBeagle
Amoeba

Post by megelBeagle »

snoopdog wrote:Why in the hell does everything for a fish tank come with suction cups ? Two months later they are useless.
:idea: What would be cool would be magnets. Like the magfloats, but on a smaller scale.
-miguel
75 gallon reef
30L refuge
steveanddanni
Amoeba

Post by steveanddanni »

megelBeagle wrote:
snoopdog wrote:Why in the hell does everything for a fish tank come with suction cups ? Two months later they are useless.
:idea: What would be cool would be magnets. Like the magfloats, but on a smaller scale.
Well get busy then! We're expecting much from you young grasshopper.
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

megelBeagle wrote:
I agree :!:
-Kristyn
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

I have used cheap cleaning magnets for many purposes. I have glued power heads to them to make them adjustable. I have also used them for nori clips. Just super glue the clip to the magnet. No more wet hands reaching down low in the tank. It also helps get nori to isolated spots that new fish can reach without breaking cover, like the back glass down low.
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

That's a good idea. Where do you get the magnets strong enough to hold through the glass? My powerheads and seaweed clips are always falling because the suction cups don't want to stick anymore.
-Kristyn
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

There are websites that sell the real powerfull magnets for cheap, but not sure if they are reef safe. Or you can just order a cheap reef magnet set.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

They are making feeding clips that are on magnets now also. They work great.
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Where can you find those at?
-Kristyn
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

i got my clip in an order from either marine depot, premium aquactics or custom aquatics. I don't remember which one but I know I've ordered some things from all of them in the past year.