Members Tanks and Bios

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

enteri_00
Amoeba

Saltwater peoples

Post by enteri_00 »

Whats up everyone, I tell you it takes an hour or more to dive into all your tanks. My name is James I got into saltwater tanks 3 months ago so I am as new as you get besides starting yesterday. I got my interest oh a long time now always loved the ocean but I really got interested after my trip to the Georgia Aquarium. I started off small for now to see if I could handle the whole saltwater thing and I am loving it.

Andy got me started here and hopefully I will see most of you in august.

I have a 20gallon tank...and a couple false perc clowns, a dottyback, some hermits, some turbo snails, a cabbage leather, blastos, and small bits... hopefully I will meet some of you trade my wild growing finger leather he's massive.

[/img]
Attachments
fishtank.jpg
fishtank.jpg (40.59 KiB) Viewed 37753 times
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Andy???!!!, *&$#@#, I was hoping anybody but Andy got you started. Well, seeing how you got **&&&%%#@ off the start, hopefully the rest of us can get you straightened out from here. My name is Billy. and I'm an alchohic, wait a minute,,,,that's my intro to another group, anyways, Karen and I do O.K. with reef setups. Welcome aboard and feel free to aggrevate......ask....any questions you need to ask.
Karen
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Jahdiel wrote:Andy???!!!, *&$#@#, I was hoping anybody but Andy got you started. Well, seeing how you got **&&&%%#@ off the start, hopefully the rest of us can get you straightened out from here.
Very funny Billy, I see how you are going to be :(.
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
neptune aquacontroller III
Lighting = 3 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 6' VHO's,
Pumps = Panworld 100 (return), 2 x Vortech MP40, Seio 1500
ASM G-4 Skimmer, GEO calcium reactor.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

What???!!!. You know I love you man....?????
Karen
Dxtr
Amoeba

Post by Dxtr »

Hello all. Brett here, a.k.a dxtr. I started a 30 gallon with out a clue and from that time 1 1/2 years ago, I have progressed with alot of assistance from this board, reliable LFS, books and kind reefers.

I currently posess a 100 gallon reef tank with several fish, inverts and many soft corals and a few LPS until I can get the HQI Mh I want.

I am looking forward to meeting many of you in August and trading frags! 8)

dxtr
Attachments
Full Tank 6.16.06.jpg
Full Tank 6.16.06.jpg (80.54 KiB) Viewed 37721 times
Right Side tank.jpg
Right Side tank.jpg (96.66 KiB) Viewed 37721 times
Left Side Tank.jpg
Left Side Tank.jpg (108.03 KiB) Viewed 37721 times
Peace! - Dxtr
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Welcome Brent & James
Jahdiel wrote:What???!!!. You know I love you man....?????
I know, I was just messing with you. :)
Last edited by andy4499 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
neptune aquacontroller III
Lighting = 3 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 6' VHO's,
Pumps = Panworld 100 (return), 2 x Vortech MP40, Seio 1500
ASM G-4 Skimmer, GEO calcium reactor.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Hey, that last tank looks just like Terry's . I'm tellin'!!! He's gonna be Pi##@d! OOOOPPPPSSS one too many.
Karen
Suziq21
Amoeba

Post by Suziq21 »

OK, finally got some pics of the tank.
I've got more pics, plus the story behind my tanks on my website:
http://www.uwf.edu/sgibson2/fish_tanks/
Suggestions are always welcome!
Attachments
tank.jpg
tank.jpg (51.6 KiB) Viewed 37690 times
enteri_00
Amoeba

Too funny

Post by enteri_00 »

LOL too funny...Andy is a class mate and has helped me and truthfully the ones that really set me the wrong direction are the people that sold me the tank (the big pet store in town, names to be left out)...if it wasn't for andy and beaver man I would have truly been sunk but thank god for a good ole mobile site...maybe I can meet some really awesome people now and get on in life...peace all..till august
HAMsmith
Amoeba

Post by HAMsmith »

My name is Martin and I have only recently given in to this addiction called salt water reef keeping. I have always wanted to keep a salt water tank and the final straw was when my wife and I went SCUBA diving for the first time.

I started with a 24g Aquapod with 64w of PC lighting. It is pretty much running stock except I upgraded the original pump to a maxijet 1200. The tank is only around a month old.

In the tank I have:

~20# live rock
~20# aragamax sand
~5# live sand
Yellow Rose Goby (pic below, bottom right)
Randall's Pistol Shrimp
Clownfish
Frogspawn
A few different zoos
A few brownish/greenish mushrooms, Frilly maybe?
Unidentified leather, some kind of Sinularia
Green Star Polyps
A couple balls of chaeto shoved in the corners

Future coral additions will focus on zoos. I will probably add one more fish, most likely a Royal Gramma or Firefish.

I have to say a big thanks to Richard and Beaver at Progressive and Rin at B&B for much help and advice in all of this. I think I have been lucky so far as I've broken a lot of "rules" but have not suffered many consequences.

If you want the full story of the tank I have been chronicaling the progress here:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showt ... did=876501

Or if you don't want to read my rambles you can just look at the tank here...

SadaAesix
Amoeba

Alrighty, here's mine

Post by SadaAesix »

Alrighty, this is my first attempt at reef keeping and I am adding more as I go but for right now this is it.
The majority of my corals has come from Fat Fish in Daphne. I got a beautiful Chrimstmas tree rock from Andy at the meeting, Awesome! More color then I thought. I will be adding a picture of that rock soon.
If anyone wants a snippet of the Spaghetti, please ask it's so large it's drooping now. It could stand a trim.
Can't wait till next payday to add some pink palys and a blue pagoda.
Sada

In my reef to date:
Green metallic zoos
Red Zoos
Red Zoos long skirt
Fiji Yellow Leather
Sponge
Trochus snails
hermit crabs
Clove polyps
Purple Mushroom
Not sure what the big one is but it goes from a rose color to rose with yellow polyps and then to purple with white polyps. Love that one lots!
Attachments
SpagLsm.jpg
SpagLsm.jpg (67.36 KiB) Viewed 37473 times
Brittlestar23.jpg
Brittlestar23.jpg (101.7 KiB) Viewed 37473 times
Reefsm.jpg
Reefsm.jpg (92.49 KiB) Viewed 37478 times
Water travels the path of least resistance, be more then water.
lowrider
Amoeba

hjgcfghcgh

Post by lowrider »

well im new but i have a 29 gal just got a t5 series double have moon lights just fish and my first frag of daisy polyp and now im king of the world :lol:
Last edited by lowrider on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
lowrider
Amoeba

lowrider

Post by lowrider »

ok i guess this is where i talk about my tank its not much but i still love it anyway :wink:

29 gal,tank
36 watt t5 and moonlights
3 damsel
3 snails
1 sand star
1 hitchhiker star ???
2 hermits
1 frag of dasiy polyp
2 snake polyps
cant get pics on site so no pics as of yet
flricordia
Amoeba

Post by flricordia »

Live in Milton FL. Run printing presses for a living. Tanks are nothing pretty but I left pretty long ago for practical. 4x20longs. One tank has zoanthids, one ricordea, one fish and the last jsut extra LR. All conect to a 30gl sump with a 15gl fuge tied to it. Like I said, not a show piece by any means, just don't have the funds for that.

otto486
Amoeba

Post by otto486 »

Great lookin setup flricordea!

I suppose I'm next then. Alright, here we go. My name's Evan Otto, I'm 17, and I currently live in Watertown, South Dakota (eh). I started my first saltwater when I was 10, and have gotten more and more into it since then (the earlier ones were BEYOND pathetic) Now you are probably wondering why I'm posting on an Alabama reefkeeper forum. I currently have plans of moving to Pensacola Fl, to attend the University of West Florida for Marine Biology... If everything goes to plan... So I figured it wouldn't hurt to get on some local forums and see how many other reefkeepers were around the area.

I currently run a section of a LFS that builds and instals tanks for local businesses. Thanks to my occupation I've become pretty handy with Acrylic and glass, which has helped me on my most recent build.

Right now I've just got a [fairly pathetic] 26 gallon up and running. Its all I had the money for 3 years ago, and it has served me well. However, with college coming and me wanting to "spread my wings," I began designing a complete setup for a 50 gallon AGA (not to be confused with the 55 gallon). I needed a tank that was easy to move, completely self contained, and allowed plenty of room for error/upgrades (gotta love Murphy's Law). Since cost wasn't an issue (supplies at cost, and a local bank as a client!) I wanted everything to be designed with a purpose and future changes in mind. Whats really nice is that since the sump and fuge are seperate units, I can remove both of them without having to move the tank or alter the stand. It is also going to be runnin the RK2 controller by Digital Aquatics. The display is 36"x19"x19", the fuge is an AGA 10 gallon, and the sump is 24x10x12 custom acrylic.
Here is the link to my build album

http://www.siouxfallsareaaquariumsociety.com/node/793

Here is the tank I did for the bank:

And my little 26 bowfront:

Anyway, I can't wait to get down to Pensacola, mostly because it is ABSOLUTELY FREEZING HERE! Record low for us this year was -40, ha (cold enough that our plumbing froze tight and we had to heat it up with a torch). Hope you guys are enjoying the weather! I am a junior this year, and as soon as I graduate I'll be on my way down.

P.S.
suziq21, do you work for UWF?