Best place to order new aquarium from?

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

carlab
Amoeba

Best place to order new aquarium from?

Post by carlab »

Would like to purchase new 180G RR tank soon. Unsure who to order it from. Would like it to be either Oceanview or Oceanic. Not really any place left here on Ms coast to order from. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

I bought my 125 from Rich at Progressive Marine. Glass Cages had good prices also, but then you had shipping unless they have a show somewhere close by then they will deliver it to you there. There was a charge for that but I dont remember how much it was. I believe they had specials at aquarium shows where they sold aquariums for $1 per gallon. It's been a couple of years since I talked to them so I dont know if they still do any of this or not. Rich's price was as good as theirs though.

Jeff
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I got my tank from Rich, I got exactly what I wanted but sometimes you have to pay for it.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
carlab
Amoeba

Post by carlab »

We went to Pascagoula Friday and Mike at Oceanview showed us several of their large RR aquariums. Their tanks are very well made with thick glass. We will be getting one with corner overflows. They can also make it with either a center glass brace like Oceanic or Eurobracing. Was very impressed with their whole operation there. He is also going to allow us to pick it up there at their shop instead of our LFS( of course we will still go through LFS to pay for purchase as Oceanview is wholesale only). This will allow us to use their strong employees to load it into our truck! Just wish we could take couple of these strong guys home to help unload it! :lol: Oceanview can make a custom tank to any specification. We will be getting tank soon as husband finishes stand frame in about a week. I've already ordered new retro MH lighting and the sand. Also having MRC make the sump. Will be transferring a 75G & a 45G into this 180G. Can hardly wait! :D Have only been into saltwater a year but reefing has really grabbed me! :lol:
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

I am a huge fan of Oceanview they make great tanks.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

From what I have read Oceanic was bought out and their quality has gone down. I have an older one that is a great tank, but I have read of numerous people who have had problems with the newer tanks.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I got mine from Rich, in fact all of my tanks. I think his come from Oceanview.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

My 75 is an oceanview that has been running for over 10 years continuously. Very well made tanks and no annoying center brace. Yes, Oceanic was bought by Central Pet (and, err... Garden :roll: ) and don't have NEARLY the same quality. But then again, that is true for most of the companies that Central now owns. All in the name of capitalism :lol:
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

when i made my post i miss read oceanview as oceanic.. I guess its still good to have the info up. My oceanic tank is built like a tank. I really like it.
Michelle
Amoeba

Post by Michelle »

Guys, I hate to be the one to break the news, but Oceanic is not making standard tanks anymore. They are only doing BioCubes & Custom tanks. They are still doing a *few* of their stands & canopies and I think they are still doing the tech series, though I don't have 100% confirmation on that just yet. It is sad, for a product with such a heavy following to just drop right out of the mainstream retail arena is a huge risk, and imho it's a horrible business decision. :?

Also, All-Glass will be changing their name soon, kind of an odd move if you ask me, but it will be coming about soon. I also don't think they have any solid wood cabinetry anymore. :(

OceanView is carried by all of the local shops to my knowledge, us, B&B, Progressive, etc. They build a good solid tank, & their solid wood stands are far more solid/sturdy than many of the other manufacturers. Being able to finish it the way you please is a plus too.

Last but not least, even though very few of us carry their products, Perfecto is actually emerging from their cheap and humble beginnings and putting out some nice lines of tanks/stands/canopies. Check out the Prestige Series, we carry it. It's solid wood, tanks are much thicker & better quality than their el-cheapo lines. Expect to pay about what you would for Oceanic or All-Glass upper-end lines, but the quality I can definately say is there.
Thanks!
Michelle @ Fat Fish
28851 N. Main St., Ste. D
Daphne, AL 36526
251-626-0926
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Michelle wrote: Perfecto
Sorry after you said that name I had to go take a shower, I felt really dirty all over, like after seeing a Christina Aguilera concert.
Last edited by snoopdog on Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Michelle
Amoeba

Post by Michelle »

LOL I felt the same way Snoop, till I saw the new line & that they're getting their sh*t together & stepping up. With no wooden stands from All-Glass (soon to be "Aquion"), and none from Oceanic anymore it leaves us with slim pickin's ;)
Thanks!
Michelle @ Fat Fish
28851 N. Main St., Ste. D
Daphne, AL 36526
251-626-0926
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

All this is going to take some getting used to..... :?
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

sb1227 wrote:All this is going to take some getting used to..... :?
Only if you are planning on a new tank sometime soon!
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

LOL!!! No.......No more tanks allowed.