Blasto Care

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

enteri_00
Amoeba

Blasto Care

Post by enteri_00 »

Hey everyone being that I am new at this. I have a small blasto frag that as of late has been doing really well in the tank. The other day it didn't look so good and parts of the coral itself were in the skeleton...is there a certain place blastos like to be in the tank and is there any other care I need to give to it. I was inspecting it the other day and its got some whiteish looking sponge or somethign like that growing on it. Should I remove that....sorry for the questions any tidbit on blastos would be great thanks.
Dys
Amoeba

Post by Dys »

blasto's are very easy to care for. They prefer not to be under direct intense light, nor do they like high water flow. Other than those two things expect it to flourish.
I'll respect you in the morning, but I won't wake up till noon.
LoneStar
Amoeba

Post by LoneStar »

I have 1 piece that I got from a club member. I put it on the very bottom of the tank where there is moderate flow. It seems to be enjoying there.

Jeremy
enteri_00
Amoeba

Thanks

Post by enteri_00 »

Thanks guys the advice has helped alot I have the blastos sitting lower to the bottom of the tank. After I scraped off the sponge on it has really come back out.
Buzz
Amoeba

blasto

Post by Buzz »

I have some red blasto I bought from Andy at the meeting at his house. It is directly under one of the halide lights and seems to be doing fine. Do you think it would do better lower in the tank? I'll try to get a pic.

Later,
Buzz
Endeavor to Persavere
(Hang in There)