My tank at 6 months of age (warnining 25 images)

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

marinebiologist
Amoeba

My tank at 6 months of age (warnining 25 images)

Post by marinebiologist »

Here are the most updated images of life and happiness in my 24 gallon aquapod. Enjoy and let me know what you think is missing. And if anyone has any nice Acan they are going to be fragging let me know

Full frontal shot

Now for a few fish centered shots

Then the corals, clams, and other inverts frontal view

Corals, clams, and other inverts from top down shots
Last edited by marinebiologist on Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Boy, I thought MY tank had a lot of corals. :lol: Looks good! Nice pics too. The only suggestion I would have is you might want to limit the Acroporas, frags are fine but I have the feeling that tank won't be able to support them very well.

Looks like you're doing pretty well. Is the Aquapod one of those "all in one" tanks? They have some nice ones out now. I think they're a great idea for smaller tanks.
marinebiologist
Amoeba

Sb1227, thanks for the feedback as for the acropora the funny thing i sthe first one i got (the green slimer) was just a small frag that soneone gave me to test out if the tank could hold it. It has actualy done very well and has grown and surived for 5 months. Though I dont plan on going overboard on any of them It just adds another level to the tank.
all thouht i am thinking of doing a few more alterations to the tank to double the light output so it may be able to do a little better with that

as for the small tank all in one yea the tank does great and for where i am at now (not fully settled and know I will be moving the tank a few times in the next year or so) it was the right choice since it can be broken down and moved with out too much suffering. That and when i do finaly get up and running a new monster (~250 gal or so) i can use this one as a mantis shrimp tank

Mike
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

Personally, I think you have more than enough corals in your tank. I wouldn't add anything.
Doc :D
marinebiologist
Amoeba

DrHank wrote:Personally, I think you have more than enough corals in your tank. I wouldn't add anything.
Yea it is getting pretty much maxed out but i do believe i got enough room for atleast a nice small frag of a acan lord
reefman8471
Amoeba

24 gallon

Post by reefman8471 »

I like the corals but I agree that there are too many. The main reason is that it could limit overall growth. First, because of the lack of available space and second because the corals use many different means to compete with others for space and not all of them involve physical contact. Many softies release compounds that affect the growth of other corals.

James
There are no problems; only solutions.