Anyone looking to upgrade their lighting??

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

I have to agree with Sue, here. When I switched to some Tunze powerheads from seios, my temp dropped by nearly 4 degrees. Pumps have much more of an effect than the lighting, believe it or not.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
HCJohn
Amoeba

Post by HCJohn »

This post surely got off the topic :)

But its great...and I appreciate all of the help.

The guys at Progressive said I should put a fan in my sump and that would probably take care of it for good. I was worried about it since Im losing 2 gallons of water out of my tank and 20gal sump, but they said that was very normal and shouldnt be of any concern. It just seemed like alot to me I guess since my 28 gallon with almost 300 watts of light and no sump was only dumping bout 1/2 gallon a day.

Im going to try one more fan, hopefully that will do as they say. Its cheap and easy to try.

As far as pumps/powerheads, I have one Koralia 3, some other cheap powerhead, and a quietone pump in the sump. I do want to replace the one cheap powerhead, but just havent got to it yet. Not sure it will be much cooler, but its another option like you said.
28 Gallon Bowfront Tank
35lbs Fiji rock (taken by Katrina)
50lbs Live Sand (taken by Katrina)
175 MH lighting
110watts of PC lighting
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Just remember that the more air that moves over the water, the higher the evaporation. You can cool a tank really cheap with fans, but just be ready to make plenty of water weekly.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate