Hello from Pensacola

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

otto486
Amoeba

Post by otto486 »

Yea, I'm lookin forward too it- when you say cold, how cold do you mean? That's part of the reason I'm leaving Southdacanadia (as I call it), today's low is -10.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

otto486 wrote:Yea, I'm lookin forward too it- when you say cold, how cold do you mean? That's part of the reason I'm leaving Southdacanadia (as I call it), today's low is -10.
You will never see that here. Cold here is like a tropical vacation to you.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
otto486
Amoeba

Post by otto486 »

YES, JACKPOT!
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Shoot.....I start breaking out the winter clothes when it gets under 70 degrees. :lol:
flricordia
Amoeba

Post by flricordia »

Got the 150 going. Lovin it. PH stays very stable with little effort, temp doesn't change more than 2+/- and the corals all seem to be inflating larger than I have ever seen.
Besides the 75gl this is the first large tank I have had bigger thena 20gl in the near 15 years of keeping reefs. Man, I have been missing out.
Kind of empty looking right now. Baskets are refugium (large) and ricordia frag holders
decided to go bare-bottom except for one end
Randall's goby and Tiger pistol side.
Float-in refugium
DIY kalk reactor (need to paint the walls looks like)
otto486
Amoeba

Post by otto486 »

sb1227 wrote:Shoot.....I start breaking out the winter clothes when it gets under 70 degrees. :lol:
HAHA, I suppose I could dig up the picture of me and some friends out in sweatshirts in -30 degree weather last year, lol. It actually hit 40 this week, and I was sweating wearing a T-shirt, lol. All aquarists know that its just about acclimation.

TANK LOOKS GREAT flricordia. Can't wait to see it in a year and a half (ish), if I do move down.
otto486
Amoeba

Post by otto486 »

Any updates flricordia?
flricordia
Amoeba

Post by flricordia »

Well, I sold the 150. I guess I am a nano kind of guy. My first reef tank was a 20long back in 92 and I have never had one any larger till this year.
I felt lost in that 150. It was OK for a short time, but my thumb just wasn't into it. The corals and especially my rics didn't seem to be doing as well. It was almost as though they were feeling they weren't getting the attention they got in nanos.
So I have been working on a ric prop set-up consisting of 4x20 longs and a 30 long sump.
I have it partially set-up with 2x20 longs and while waiting to get the other 2x20s in (due in the 11th) I am using a 36"x18"x12" and 20gl tall for a fuge, DSB for my pistol and goby.
I plan on 2x20 longs for rics only, 1x20 long for zoanthids and the last one for the pistol/goby and other odd and end corals.
Well, the rics are looking better than I have seen them look in a long time now that they are in the 20s. They are swollen and their colors are amazing. Same with the zoanthids. They are all open, something I havein't seen since they went into the 150, and their colors are simply breathtaking. I guess once a nano-nut always a nano-nut.
Will get pics in the next few days.
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

Mike, if you really want to put those 400w MH to good use I've got a 110 gallon XT (31" tall) that I could sell you. Only problem is that you'd probably have to stretch your arms about 6" to reach the bottom.
Doc :D