My Tank... What Should I Do???

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

kristo
Copepod

My Tank... What Should I Do???

Post by kristo »

Hey,
I've got a 55 Reef. My fish I have:
Regal Tang
Yellow Tang
Flame Fin Tang (Tomini Tang)
Yellow Basslet
Onespot Foxface
Male Blue Devil Damsel
Maroon and Gold Clownfish
Marine Betta (Comet)
Flame Cardinal
Engineer Goby
Blue Spot Watchman Goby
Formosa Coris Wrasse

Coral:
Pocillapora
montipora capricorna
montipora confusa
yellow birdnest
elephant ear sponge
cabbage leather
crown leather
unbrella leather
rusty gorgonian
purple finger leather
green leather
long tentacle anemone
all kinds of shrooms
pink encrusting gorgonian
stick gorgonian

That's it! I know I need a bigger tank. But i don't have alot of money. Can anyone help me?
reefman8471
Amoeba

what to do

Post by reefman8471 »

All the tangs except for one needs to go. The Yellow Tang would be the best to keep. The foxface also should go with the coris wrasse. You still would have too many fish but at least you would have taken care of the largest most active fish. If you need to clear out some corals sale or give away the ones that you don't want.

James
There are no problems; only solutions.
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

Agree completely.
Doc :D
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

Well you have the option to buy my tank :D I got your message and I'm sorry but I will not sell you any of my fish with a tank that is that over stocked. The convict tang needs a big mature tank. He has HLLE right now and isn't fattening up. The pyramid butterfly seems to do best being fed a few times a day and he can get big himself.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Wow, that's a packed tank. Personally, I don't like any of those tangs in a 55 gallon tank, but if you must keep one, the tomini bristletooth is the best bet--it is by far the smallest of the group and most suitable in the long term. Other than thinning out the population, I don't know how else to help you out, honestly.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Wow. I wouldn't have that many fish in a tank twice that size. Definately agree with the rest.
kristo
Copepod

W

Post by kristo »

Well, nothing is larger than 2-3" except the Marine Betta. So, i was kinda getting the livestock for the new tank im looking for, just havent decided what i want in my price range. Fishfood, you had the 125 for 200 right? can you hold that for a little while???
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

Well as of right now I don't have anyone interested in it but I'm not turning anyone down. I'm about to move and would rather nto take it with me. Now it could take me another month or two before I actually am able to move, or more since we are in such a lovely housing market.

Its a 135 RR with dual overflow, tank, stand, canopy, sump, over the back closed loop, starboard bottom under the sand(in case you want to do bare bottom). I also have the return pump for sale but can work with you on that if you want it. Buyer needs lights and skimmer.
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

If you intend to keep all the fish you have I'd suggest that you start looking at about 240 gallons or larger. You have a heavier bioload than I have in my 210 gallon.
Doc :D
kristo
Copepod

g

Post by kristo »

Hey,
i got rid of my yellow tang. But, either way i am moving up to a 90 Gallon tank with stand and canopy for $100!!! great price!!!

~Kris

*Anyone looking for a 55 give me a pm, dont know if im going to sell it yet, but i may*
kristo
Copepod

a

Post by kristo »

also forgot the large colt leather that is splitting.
Scootman
Amoeba

Post by Scootman »

I'll bet your skimmer is frothing up all kinds of skimmate with a bio load like that.