New Pics Our 5 month Old Tank

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

strout
Copepod

New Pics Our 5 month Old Tank

Post by strout »

Pics aren't that good, but we will get better.

ImageImage

strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

Forgot one, sorry. This Taod Stool has really grown alot in the three months we have had it.

Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Very nice! I see you love the zoes and softies as much s I do.
Karen
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

I do want to get some Acropora for the top of my tank, its just the ones I want are rather $$$$ so I am waiting for that reason plus I want to let my tank get alittle older before I buy them plus I want to learn alot more before I get them.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Looks good as well as very clean. You mind giving us some tank specs?
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

I would if I could, I take my water samples to my LFS and he checks it for me. I just a cilcium test kit the other day but haven't used it yet. I took a water sample in 2 days ago and he told me the water was good except that my nitrate levels were a tad high and that I needed to cut back on feeding my fish alittle, I also found my biggest snail in the tank dead, I don't know if that may have caused the levels to rise alittle, he got wedged in the back of the tank between the LR and the glass.
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

Sorry, I ment cut back on the amount I am feedig the fish. He told me to cut the amount I am feeding in half and we will see what the numbers drop down to.
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

A better pic

strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

Amphiprion, I want to clarify something, I don't want to give the wrong impression here, if possible, lol. :oops: I am new to SW tanks and was going to start with a smaller tank but was told that with SW tanks bigger is better with these tanks because more of a larger margin for error as opposed to a smaller tank where I might not be able to fix errors that I might make until its to late. My plate has been full setting this tank up getting LR( which was sort of a problem) making sure I don't kill my fish. To make a long story short I am just now getting comfortable with where I am at with my tank at this stage and I am going to start getting into learning to check my own water parameters and start to stop depending on my LFS so much in these matters. I just didn't want ya'll thinking this is some idiot that dosn't know or care about learning the art of keeping a SW tank.