BUYING 40 Long or Sump

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

nickbme06
Amoeba

BUYING 40 Long or Sump

Post by nickbme06 »

Looking for a 40 long, can be glass or acrylic, baffled or not, new or used.

Give me a good price. Thanks!
Neuticle
Copepod

Post by Neuticle »

You could use a rubbermaid tub from wal-mart? I got mine for $6.97.
100 gal mixed reef, 30 gal sump, 4x54w T5, 2x150w HQI, OctoX 200 skimmer, Kalk top-off, rocky mixed reef.
nickbme06
Amoeba

Post by nickbme06 »

Its not going to be under the tank and im going to use the fuge as another 'DT' to a degree, so i want it to be nice.

Im looking at a friends 75gal that is already baffled, but its prob going to be too big. 40 long is going to be perfect for me, so trying my luck... LFS wants 105 for one new, screw that. If i dont find one in a few days, im going to just do the 75
BigPumper
Amoeba

Post by BigPumper »

nickbme06 wrote:Its not going to be under the tank and im going to use the fuge as another 'DT' to a degree, so i want it to be nice.

Im looking at a friends 75gal that is already baffled, but its prob going to be too big. 40 long is going to be perfect for me, so trying my luck... LFS wants 105 for one new, screw that. If i dont find one in a few days, im going to just do the 75

Your sump can never be too big. Some peoples sumps are larger than their display tanks. Trust me, the larger your sump, the better off in the long run you will be.
kristo
Copepod

Post by kristo »

I got a 55
~Kris~

"You can not start a revolution with a silk glove."~Joseph Stalin
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

BigPumper wrote:
nickbme06 wrote:Its not going to be under the tank and im going to use the fuge as another 'DT' to a degree, so i want it to be nice.

Your sump can never be too big. Some peoples sumps are larger than their display tanks. Trust me, the larger your sump, the better off in the long run you will be.
It can if you don't have the space for it!
nickbme06
Amoeba

Post by nickbme06 »

Yep thats my problem, its already going in another room, just dont want to turn that room into a fish room.. 40 long would be perfect, but i would settle for a 55, 40 reg or 29.
kristo
Copepod

Post by kristo »

I have a 55 for sale!!!
~Kris~

nickbme06
Amoeba

Post by nickbme06 »

seriously?? try answering some of your PMs dood. ive sent about 5, since before you even mentioned the 55..
kristo
Copepod

Post by kristo »

sorry didnt get any of them and my inbox is not full so...ill send you one!
~Kris~