banded cat shark

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

banded cat shark

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

So my banded cat shark finally hatched and is beautiful. It swims around at night and hides in the daytime. It was born about a week ago and a can't get it to feed. I have tried with silversides, shrimp, krill even brine shrimp. I know that if it doesn't eat soon then it will die. I need help asap. thanks.
kristo
Copepod

Post by kristo »

try some feeder guppies. movement causes a switch to turn on in the brain. hope this helps.
~Kris~

"You can not start a revolution with a silk glove."~Joseph Stalin
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

No need to worry for the time being. They will feed on their yolk sac for up to a couple of weeks. Usually they begin accepting foods as they grow hungrier. Feeding at night is usually helpful. Be sure to include crustacean meat as well.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Crustman
Amoeba

Post by Crustman »

Try slivers of scallop. Just get the ones from the grocery store and break them up.
redpheonix
Copepod

cat shark food

Post by redpheonix »

When I had mine I used to feed it pieces of fresh fish filets(I used red fish but that's because I caught it and had a few small pieces) and the frozen jumbo shrimp you can buy from walmart (unseasoned). I would just break off small pieces and feed it a couple. Hope any of this helps
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred