I've added a MONSTER to my tank!

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

ShagMan
Goby

I've added a MONSTER to my tank!

Post by ShagMan »

It's godzilla! Tim @ Aqua Works was getting me emerald crabs (god bless the $5 emerald crabs!), and flipped a rock over and said "this one is pretty large, sure you want him?" I have never had a problem with any emerald crab large or small, so I said "sure, why not". Well when I got him home, I realized just how large he is! Wowah!
Attachments
still in the bag
still in the bag
emerald1.JPG (33.04 KiB) Viewed 1498 times
he's HUGE!
he's HUGE!
emerald2.JPG (55.43 KiB) Viewed 1498 times
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

I could not relate the size of him till i saw him in the bag, what a monster.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

That is freaking huge!!!!
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Well, one thing I can say is that he will be pretty easy to get with the skewer! :roll: I am sure you will be calling me soon and asking me to get the little devil out of your tank! :twisted:

Let me know if I can help!

Elizabeth
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

good luck with the emerald...mine are munching star polys at the moment. Good thing they don't have a taste for the bubble algae. :twisted:
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

OUCH... our emeralds haven't ever eaten anything they were suppose to- to the best of our knowledge but that guy looks like he will eat ANYTHING he wants... Ummm let us know how he fairs or should I say let us know how your tank fairs. I have this image in my head of all your fish cowering in the corner holding up little crosses and carrying stakes....
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Well, I did a count, and all my fish are ok up to this point... I took a chance on him because a) I'll have a HUGE tank for him to roam in less than a month and b) I've had GREAT overall experience with emeralds... I guess that's very "YMMV" though from what I have read.. the only aggression or carnavorism I've personally witnessed is one emerald "putting up his dukes" when another fish or emerald ventures too close, they're territorial that way.
-Josh Murrah
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

mine had my star polys by the gonards and was peeling them literally off the rocks... the purple fless was pulling up off the rock...he's about the size of a quarter.....that one Shag has could get out and pull up the carpet in your livingroom :!: :P
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

just in case I have some garlic and butter suatee' ing in a skillet as we speak.
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"