Looking for some reef safe ich

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

Looking for some reef safe ich

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

I need some reef safe ich because my blue tang is having ich problems and i cannot catch him. Before i buy some online i was hoping if anyone knew where i could buy some local or if anyone had some i could buy from them. thanks
Neuticle
Copepod

Re: Looking for some reef safe ich

Post by Neuticle »

I tried Kordon Ich-attack (from petsmart) a year ago. That stuff is a sham, all it does is smell like ass and cost $15 a bottle. It took this retard four bottles to figure out my fish were going to die if I didn't do the tried and true method.

Have you tried feeding a good seaweed blend to him? Tangs need veggies
100 gal mixed reef, 30 gal sump, 4x54w T5, 2x150w HQI, OctoX 200 skimmer, Kalk top-off, rocky mixed reef.
redpheonix
Copepod

Re: Looking for some reef safe ich

Post by redpheonix »

I would say lower the salinity but you said reef so that won't work well. Are you trying to catch him with a net? Try using a clear container and putting it in a corner where the fish usually runs to and just guide the fish into the container it usually works in my tank.
Depending on the size tank Rich had some stuff I tried once that worked pretty good but if its a really large tank its not cost effective (can't remember what its called but Rich or Beaver should remember)
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred