aiptasia

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

susieshark
Amoeba

aiptasia

Post by susieshark »

How do I get rid of aiptasia. I tried kw and it doesn't seem to control them. They just appear elsewhere. I've heard lemon juice and butterfly fish. Anyone have any luck getting rid of these pest? :?
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Re: aiptasia

Post by Fishfood »

peppermint shrimp do a decent job on smaller ones.
Neuticle
Copepod

Post by Neuticle »

I've used Joe's Juice, it's tricky because you have to squirt them when they're open. I have some small ones on a few newer frags, they're real buggers because they close so fast.

There is always peppermint shrimp, but you'll likely need to order them (shipping, ouch) because nobody around here regularly stocks them.
100 gal mixed reef, 30 gal sump, 4x54w T5, 2x150w HQI, OctoX 200 skimmer, Kalk top-off, rocky mixed reef.
Mydraal
Amoeba

Post by Mydraal »

I've had more success with aiptasia x than anything else listed so far. The lemon juice method was a complete waste of time and I looked like some kind of addict when I asked for a syringe :D . Try it and see if it works for you.
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

I have been fighting the same battle, I bought 4 peppermint shrimp, but they are small and I don't think they have been doing their job yet. I have been using A. X. and its the only answer to the problem I have found.