Point and shoot cameras for reef pics

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Crustman
Amoeba

Point and shoot cameras for reef pics

Post by Crustman »

What are the best Point and Shoot cameras for reef aquaria pics? I have looked at some of the Fuji models. Some have a 24 x zoom and HD movie capability. I have a Nikon D-70 with a macro lens but can't get close enough.
Crustman
Amoeba

Re: Point and shoot cameras for reef pics

Post by Crustman »

Dang this one even has aquarium scene mode http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Canon+-+Pow ... Id=9455127
jimbob21123
Amoeba

Post by jimbob21123 »

i have a canon rebel xs. it doesnt have a aquarium mode but takes great pics. i can take a close up of a singe zoathid polyp and put it as a background pic on computer and its clear as can be
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

My wife takes all the pics at our house, so I don't know alot about it, but I do know this, The Kodak camera we have has a feature on it that she really likes. She can take the pic and then crop the pic in the camera before she down loads the pics to the puter. I would try and get this feature on your camera if you can.
Crustman
Amoeba

Post by Crustman »

Thanks for the help. Money ran out before I could get the camera.
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

I bought my wife a new camera, so she could take better pics of the tank, lol. Anyway, there was nothing wrong with her old camera and we still have it. Its a Kodak Easy Share DX 7590 5.0 MP 10x optical zoom. Its as far as I know in good working order. Check the model out on line and if you would like I am sure we could make some kind of trade for some corals or something.
Crustman
Amoeba

Post by Crustman »

Thanks Strout, I think I will study the manual of my Nikon. I have a macro lens. My son has a 10 megapixil easy share that I can borrow.