Frag Swap

Local area Coral and Frag trading forum.

Moderator: snoopdog

hlander
Amoeba

Frag Swap

Post by hlander »

When is the next frag swap? Where is it? Thanks!
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Re: Frag Swap

Post by Fishfood »

I don't think there has been a real frag swap with this group in years. Its more or less you post on here and meet up with the people who respond. Now you could be the one to get something like that started up again.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Yeah it has been a very long time since this group had a frag swap. The way that this clubs frag swaps went is someone once a month or so would volunteer to have one at their house and everyone would bring something to eat or drink and whatever frags you wanted to trade or sale. We stopped having them for a few reasons but I think the two main reasons were the interest in reef keeping dropped and some of the swaps turned into just a big party at someone’s house. Some of them got really crazy a people being rude and disrespectful at the hostess house. If someone were to put together one with some structure and a schedule to it then I think it may go fairly well. The last one that I had at my place I had a schedule for it and everyone brought things to eat and I think that was the only one that I went to for this club that no one brought any alcohol.
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
neptune aquacontroller III
Lighting = 3 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 6' VHO's,
Pumps = Panworld 100 (return), 2 x Vortech MP40, Seio 1500
ASM G-4 Skimmer, GEO calcium reactor.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Ahh, the good old days. Although I think I left the wild and crazy party before it got wild and crazy.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
hlander
Amoeba

Post by hlander »

Why doesn't someone have one again? I bet a LFS would host it and give some pretty good discounts
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Split because I hijacked hlanders thread. The other thread can be found here:http://www.mbrk.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5253
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

hlander wrote:When is the next frag swap? Where is it? Thanks!
Looks like I will be having a meeting in March. I have started a new thread about it. Here is the link

http://www.mbrk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t ... 021#p41021
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
neptune aquacontroller III
Lighting = 3 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 6' VHO's,
Pumps = Panworld 100 (return), 2 x Vortech MP40, Seio 1500
ASM G-4 Skimmer, GEO calcium reactor.
Coral2sell
Amoeba

Post by Coral2sell »

I hope I am not speaking out of line here, but I would be happy to host the online portion of your swap. If you come up with a date and a place let me know. I am working on an event section for the site right now. How it works is your club tells me what day your fragswap is and I create a page on my site. The members of your club can then post what they have to trade or sell and other members can reserve that item. It makes swaps super easy, especially for new members. I remember my first swap, I didnt know anything and had to guess what was on the other side of that styrofoam. SPS,LPS, I had no idea. Pics and a brief description makes all of the difference in the world, and it would help create a buzz for your local swap bringing in more people and hopefully some more money for your club. Let me know, as long as I have the technical issues resolved by the time you have a swap I would host it for free.

Thanks, and if my posting this is out of line please let me know.

Zach
zach@coral2sell.com
www.coral2sell.com