E-Bay ongoing thread - Live and base rock

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

admin
Amoeba

E-Bay ongoing thread - Live and base rock

Post by admin »

And here it starts
"Look at all the pretty colors !! Is all that stuff in there alive ??"
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Not from e-bay but here it is:http://reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37351. I could use some of it.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
bertz_maru
Amoeba

Post by bertz_maru »

anybody want to chip in and get it?
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I would go in on some. I can only spend like $50-$75 right now.

Here's another:http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthrea ... did=238138
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
evermann
Amoeba

Update on LR

Post by evermann »

OK, I e-mailed this guy and he has posted pic's of his rock.
http://reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37351

In his reply to me he states he has 300+ of rock which does look like it has pretty good growth on it...He also says he still has everything posted previously with the exception of the yellow tang and can deliver between NO and Hattisburg...He said he wanted 750.00 for it all...Just to recap, thts 300# rock, 200+# of LS, Maroon Clown, 2 Bicolor Blennies, Nessarius snails - no telling how many there really are and Turbo Snails, Margarita Snails, Red Hermits, Blue Leg Hermits....Since this guy is having to move, I figured if anyone is interested, we could poss offer 600 or so...LMK if anyone wants to pitch, but we may have to move quick..
How much for de women? *twack*
Ahh, your kung-fu is strong...
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I got the same email/response from the guy, FYI... he offered the same details, and offered the same delivery options. I'm honestly not all that impressed. My cash is tied up in buying a pallette of sand anyway, but I can mail order the LR and inverts just about as cheap as what this guy wants. BEWARE, I hear nothing but bad things about used sandbeds, I'm starting 100% fresh for my new tank... old sandbeds can be dangerous to re-use, especially when you don't know what kind of "mistakes" the previous owner had with his tank for the sandbed to soak up... so you really should only be considering the rock and the snails/hermits as viable things here, the sand probably needs to go under a hill somewhere.
-Josh Murrah
evermann
Amoeba

Post by evermann »

With the rock or the deal?....Well anyway, I think if we could get him to 600.00, tht would be a good deal...Thats 2.00 a lb for the rock(granted its all not gonna b purple) and everthing else would be gravy....Well if anyone else would like to consider it..I personally could use abt 75-100 lbs and could hold more if anyone needed time to get theres established..lmk
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

-Josh Murrah
evermann
Amoeba

Post by evermann »

Looks like descent rock to me...Again, anyone that IS interested lmk, via pm or post...
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

That is some great looking rock.. hard to find rock that encrusted unless you're buying from an established tank like this. This part cracked me up
Basically my tank is as perfect as I'd ever expect one to get... I hardly feed it, and never do water changes, and everything has been doing great for a long time