Is there something in that tank?

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Snakeman
Astrea snail

Is there something in that tank?

Post by Snakeman »

I was in mobile yestarday so I decided to drop by B&B to get my dog some toys. I went over to the fish section just to have a look. Well the problem was that some of the tanks were so nasty that you literally could not see into them to see what was in them. It was disgusting. My Refugium that I never clean is not built up in slim like their fish tanks. What has happened at B&B? They use to maintain their tanks a lot better. It's really sad that they have let their tank get so run down looking. Most of the coral that they had was also covered in slim. I sure wouldn't want to put a piece of their slimy coral in my tank. I wonder how much coral dies at B&B? That may be the reason that there is so much funk in their tanks from all the dying coral.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

They get a brown slim funk on there tank glass very often. More so to the right side of that room. It is inadequate skimming.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
cnovak
Amoeba

Post by cnovak »

i'm not big on B&B, they always seem to have dead fish in their tanks and that filthy scum that you said. Also i've been there before when they were pulling dead birds out of their RO water tank. Mainly why i stopped getting my water from there and picked up my own filter. is Progressive the only other local SW store in the Mobile area because i won't buy livestock from B&B.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

There is Waggy Tail in Daphne and these guys seem to make regular trips to Pensacola. Have heard through the grapevine that there are some nice places in either Pascacgoula or Biloxi one or the other. But otherwise it is B&B or Rich here in Mobile.
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

I'd like to recommend Peter at Custom Reefs (Pasc. MS). Look him up in the yellow pages under Aquariums. This guy has an awesome setup. Clean, clean, clean! He propagates his own corals. He boast 3,000 gallons of SW! I was over there about a month ago and he was in the middle of building a true "store front". His coral selection is better than any other I've seen locally.
Wind me up!
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

That's the guy in the back of Martin's Market isn't it? Behind the seafood section? Terry sent me his way, he has TONS of good looking corals, especially SPS.
-Josh Murrah
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

Ya, that's him. He is building a store on the West side of the seafood market. He does it for the hobby, not for the money. Think that makes a difference?
Wind me up!
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Well... he gave me a few really high prices... I would say he runs his place currently, like a guy here in Mobile, called Rich... there's no set prices on anything, and you have to catch him in a good mood... I think Terry gets good deals with Peter, because Terry will walk in with $100 or more, and barter :)
-Josh Murrah