75 Gallon for sale.

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Go Tigers!! LSU Tigers!! not Auburn!!!! :lol: :)
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

That is not a whole lot of stuff. You going to run 2 skimmers on the 220??
Yes I will be running two Predator skimmers, with the additional tubes. Combined with higher lift tubes they are rated at 500 gallons each and 1000 gallons total for the pair.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Scott wrote:I have never seen threads in any of the other message boards where the time a post, PM or e-mail was not the main concern of the seller
Scott, I'm definitly not mad at you about any of this... you emailed the Kevin, which is fine... what I don't condone, and am mad about, is that Kevin posted up a bunch of stuff for sale, WITH PRICES, when some of those items were already sold. That's definitly not cool. But, again, that's Kevin's deal, you did the right thing. I will say, I wish you would have posted exectly what you were intereseted, and Kevin wouldn't have had a chance to goof up.
Scott wrote:Actually, from Kevin's first post he said :"First come first served" and never set a specific date for this to happen. He never said anything about calling "dibs" on anything so that you have first option to buy. there was never any indication to "post here to get your name on my stuff".
Kevin actually stated "I mean people can start getting stuff and making offers whenever they want. " and he later states "Scott has laid claim to alot of this stuff." so, yes, it WAS a "call dibbs" type deal. Again, you emailed Kevin, and I have no problem with that... Kevin should have let me know, before I claimed a bunch of stuff he just posted 3 minutes before, that some of it was claimed already.
Scott wrote:This has really deterred me from selling anything like this here and I feel bad that Kevin was put in this position.
Kevin wasn't "put" into this position, by any stretch of reasoning. However, I wholly agree with you about the situation, it's a detterent for myself and Deanna as well. What's gonna happen the next time I say I want to buy something... am I gonna get the same type resonse? "oh, sorry, somebody's laid claim to that before I posted it for sale".
Amyjoe wrote:We have several, I would hate to really count the thousands dollars in this tank that we will NEVER see again once this stuff leaves this house and you people are acting like this.
Amy, believe me, I know how this feels!!! I just sold my drag car project... invested: $10,000, recovered: about $4,000. YES, I lost six thousand dollars on a project that was less than 2 years running and was never cranked up. A whole large group of Neon enthusiasts circled me like hawks and picked my parts off of me for 1/2 price or less. That's just the way it goes.
Amyjoe wrote:No we can't make everyone happy but I assure you the person that is the LEAST happy about any and all of this is Kevin.
Well I'm honestly sorry to hear that.

After Deanna read this thread, we talked, and both agreed that we'd pass on the stuff for sale in this thread, and concentrate on getting sand for everybody instead... it's not worth the arguements and piddling for less than $100 worth of stuff. I'm waiting to hear back about a palette of sand, I'm hoping I can still get one and sell the bags for $10/each to help the club out... and I'll roll that money into mail-ordered liverock/inverts later on.

I'm sorry if any of you feel that *I* caused this somehow, maybe I should have passed on this stuff in the first place.

Cheerio!
-Josh Murrah
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

The thing is Kevin never set a date and never posted prices when I was initially interested. THat was the deciding factor for me. I e-mailed him asking prices and expessing interest in certain items depending on price. Then he said that people can bid on items but never put "dibs" on them without cash in hand. I can't check here except sometimes in the morning, at lunch and after work so I feel that I,and others, are at a disadvantage when it comes to putting dibs on anything. Also, if someone has said that they wanted the whole set up now then they should get it. That is just the way it works.

I can also feel Amy's pain. I have been friends with them for a couple of years and know what they have put into this tank and know what they will get out of it. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't even be interested in this hobby.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Somehow seemed to fit :)
Deanna
Amoeba

Post by Deanna »

hehehe...you are so funny Brandon and VERY appropriate.

I just want to say that I hope no one has any hard feelings and such about this. We will just pass on the deal to make it easier. No problems or hard feelings on this end in the least. :)

Deanna