New Frag and This fish must die!

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Brandon
Chromis

New Frag and This fish must die!

Post by Brandon »

I am at my wits end trying to catch this little monster... I can not lure him with food, because he only seems to like the taste of corals.. the more expensive ones are really tasty. If it causes this fish harm in the catching process so be it, at this point, I just want the little sh1t OUT!

His mouth is too small for a hook, and he is way sneaky.. he hides in the rocks whenever I try and nab him.

lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Yea....but aint he pertty!

Sorry you are having such a hard time with him.....I can relate!

Elizabeth :?
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

? what is he brandon? Honestly the time we had to get the bi-colored angel out we had to tear the whole tank down. May seem drastic but if you don't disturb the sand bed much you wouldn't have a big problem. Not as much as the little :censored: is causing. It takes a while and it will never go back together the way you have it but honestly unless you can trap it you may have no other choice.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Is that a French Angelfish? I didn't know they were coral pickers. It is hard to tell how large it is but I have used the coke bottletrick a few times. I cut the top off a 20 oz Coke or Pepsi (if the fish is a little larger) bottle. Then you turn the top part around and shove it in the bottom half. Instant fish trap. Just put some food in there and leave it in the tank.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

It is a french Angel Juvenile. He picks at the corals all day long, and the clam. He's a beautiful little fish.. but he's really pissing me off :x

I am going to try the coke bottle trick.. I won't be able to lure him with food, because all he eats is coral, he won't touch anything I feed the tank/fish. I will put a frag in the coke bottle and see if that works.
Anything that might work, I'll try.

I hate the thought of breaking the tank down to get him.. Things are really looking good, and that might mess things up.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

Hey Brandon You can borrow the coke bottle trap that i made when I was trying to catch that fish out of my tank. It didn't work for me.
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

If he is still alive after you catch him, what are you going to do with him?
Wind me up!
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

He would be just right for a ritz cracker.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I would like to set him up in another tank if possible. I have a 75 cube that I will be putting together here shortly, but may not have it up in time.

I've got your email.. and I'll email you if I can't house him somewhere else when I do manage to catch him.

I have the feeling it is going to be tough feeding him, now that he's sampled my coral buffet.

That ritz cracker Idea sounds pretty good too. put a little hot-sauce on him.. mmm :) He is cute and if you know what a french angel looks like when they are grown, they are great looking fish.