Buy with intent to resell

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Have you ever bought something or found something for free with intent to resell at a later date.

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 9

andy4499
Chromis

Buy with intent to resell

Post by andy4499 »

Have you ever bought something or found something for free and intended to resell it at a later date for a profit. This could be aquarium related or not it does not matter what the item is.

I know this may open up and can of worms and opinions. I just want to know how many people have done this before.
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
neptune aquacontroller III
Lighting = 3 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 6' VHO's,
Pumps = Panworld 100 (return), 2 x Vortech MP40, Seio 1500
ASM G-4 Skimmer, GEO calcium reactor.
AuroraDrvr
Copepod

Re: Buy with intent to resell

Post by AuroraDrvr »

I think anyone who has any sort of hobby, likely has done this at some point in time.
jt3069
Copepod
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by jt3069 »

YES I HAVE
I GUESS I HAVE MOVED TO THE DARK SIDE :censored:
LIVING CHEMISTRY SET
pheonixsoul25
Amoeba

Post by pheonixsoul25 »

AuroraDrvr wrote:I think anyone who has any sort of hobby, likely has done this at some point in time.
i agree and yes i have done this too
100 gallon mixed reef
bluwtr
Amoeba

Post by bluwtr »

Sure, but never out of spite or malicious intent. I've been given stuff in the past and thought I wanted/needed it, but ended up not so I sold or traded it for a profit. The profit could have been $$ or just getting something I needed or could use which to me is a profit as well. I can honestly say though that I've never done this with aquarium stuff. Guess I haven't been in the hobby long enough yet.
Wes

Beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

"I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them."--Judge Smails
29nanomob
Copepod

Post by 29nanomob »

i do it all the time.... bought 3 reefs when i first got into the hobby with intent to part out 2 and keep one realy good one...
if i give something away its gone i dont care what they do with it sell it keep it trash it. i GAVE it away FREE for who ever to do what ever with... matter of fact... lowrider gave me a huge crown leather... Told me not to sell it to contact him if i got rid of it. i contacted him then gave it to zack thinking zack would sell it after recovery... "shrugs sholders" :roll:
reefing just isnt the same living outside the glass....