Dart Frogs

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Kresnahw22
Copepod
Are you a Bot ?: No

Dart Frogs

Post by Kresnahw22 »

So Is There Anyone Keeping Land Reefs Aka Dart Frogs Vivarium Around Here. The Reason I'm Asking Is A lot Of Dart Frog People Are Also Reefing. Including Me Even Though Still No Frogs Yet Still Building The Tank.

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/parts- ... build.html

That's My Progress So Far
jt3069
Copepod

Re: Dart Frogs

Post by jt3069 »

I GUESS I DON'T QUALIFY FOR THE DART FROG CLUB BUT MY WIFE KEEPS FIREBELLYS
IDK IF THAT IS EVEN CLOSE
LIVING CHEMISTRY SET
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

They Have Them On There Somewhere, I Remember Seeing Articles On Them. They To Common For Me Though. :p
redpheonix
Copepod

Post by redpheonix »

Are you looking for dart frogs or just wondering if anybody is keeping them? If your looking let me know and I can check with all my reptile contacts. I know there are several people over in gulfshores area that keep/raise darts and other frogs.
Feeding them is a pain though, you have to either raise or order pinhead crickets or flightless fruit flies(I would go with the fruit flies- alot easier to raise)
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

Both Actually. I Not Buying The Actual Frogs Till a Month I Gotta Sell The Metal Halide Posted. If You Can Get Me Some People And Prices, Dendrobate auratus Green Morph The Frogs I'm Getting, It Would Be Appriciated. Food Isn't Too Hard Just Takes Practise, Kinda Like Culturing Brine Shrimp. Thanks Brian
jt3069
Copepod

Post by jt3069 »

with my firebelly i put fishing crickets in his tank every 6 months and he stays really fat lol
LIVING CHEMISTRY SET
redpheonix
Copepod

Post by redpheonix »

Was gonna let you know that there is a reptile show in pensicola (Repticon) it's aug 13 & 14. Might be able to find some frogs there, also checking with a couple people I know.
Also Birmingham has a reptile show every month. And there is gonna be one in new Orleans in sept.
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

redpheonix wrote:Was gonna let you know that there is a reptile show in pensicola (Repticon) it's aug 13 & 14. Might be able to find some frogs there, also checking with a couple people I know.
Also Birmingham has a reptile show every month. And there is gonna be one in new Orleans in sept.
Thank You For helpn me out
29nanomob
Copepod

Post by 29nanomob »

post the prices up im kinda interested.... my wife getting another bearded dragon so ill be raising crickets and meal worms in the next month or so...
reefing just isnt the same living outside the glass....
redpheonix
Copepod

Post by redpheonix »

Instead of raising crickets and meal worms you should think about raising dubia cockroaches. They can't fly the can't climb glass or slick plastic, you can raise them in a rubbermade container. They have live birth and they are like 10X more nutricious than crickets
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

redpheonix wrote:Instead of raising crickets and meal worms you should think about raising dubia cockroaches. They can't fly the can't climb glass or slick plastic, you can raise them in a rubbermade container. They have live birth and they are like 10X more nutricious than crickets
You really wanna have fruitflies in there supplement dusting them with calcium powder or vitamins. You can also feed them springtails and isopods which most people seed there tank with Also. You can culture bean beetles too for the larvae to be consumed. Termites and other small fatty foods as treats. Basically and small insect that is about the width from across to both of the frogs eyes will be ate.
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

redpheonix wrote:Instead of raising crickets and meal worms you should think about raising dubia cockroaches. They can't fly the can't climb glass or slick plastic, you can raise them in a rubbermade container. They have live birth and they are like 10X more nutricious than crickets
You really wanna have fruitflies in there supplement dusting them with calcium powder or vitamins. You can also feed them springtails and isopods which most people seed there tank with Also. You can culture bean beetles too for the larvae to be consumed. Termites and other small fatty foods as treats. Basically and small insect that is about the width from across to both of the frogs eyes will be ate.
29nanomob
Copepod

Post by 29nanomob »

our bearded eats about 50 crickets a day..... dont think anything reproduces like crickets... the tanks are in the shed so no mess no smell.
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

i just wished it would spread araound lower alabama more. they are really nice tanks and setups that in my opinaon can compete with really nice reef aqariums for looks.
29nanomob
Copepod

Post by 29nanomob »

the only way to make a trend is to find a group of people who do what you do and get them exstatic about it. reefing spread like wild fire this year... last year i remember reptiles were the hot thing. there were 3 reptile vendors at the mobile fleamarket within 2 months. i had 2 adult beardeds 5 basalisks 5 baby beardeds 1 water dragon and 4 turtles. (before the baby) my roommate had 2 water dragons 2 beardeds 3 snakes (8ft burmese python, 2 ball pythons) 2 turtles a crested geko and a camilion.
how about an investment. we can split an order of darts and small tanks and take them to the fleamarket (if price is arount 10-15 each...) and a few other odd pets aswell?