Freshwater Aquarium Plants

Place for Vendor's to put there new shipments !

Moderator: snoopdog

BamaPlants
Amoeba
Are you a Bot ?: No

Freshwater Aquarium Plants

Post by BamaPlants »

Hello All,

My name is Russ. My friend Ken and I just started a new small business selling freshwater aquarium plants called BamaPlants. We have been in the freshwater fish hobby for years, but have fazed out, and are now just dealing in plants. We are physically located outside of Andalusia, but intend to sell at flea markets all over the southeast. We searched for some sort of a freshwater club in Mobile, but could not find one. I realize that forum folks usually hate "advertisements". However, and at the same time, we thought that some of you may also have planted tanks, and might be excited to have a choice besides petdumb and B & B. We will be at the flea market in Mobile this weekend, October 1st and 2nd..... our first market. If you guys are not cool with this type of post, I am sure we will hear about it... On the other hand, If you are cool with it, we will let you know every time that we will be in Mobile. Thanks..... Russ
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Re: Freshwater Aquarium Plants

Post by Kresnahw22 »

I actually interested and my friends are too as I'm getting back into freshwater planted tanks and he is just getting into them I may have to ride down and check them out. Would you guys just be selling plants are will you have plant system supplies like co2 reactors, subtrates formulated for freshwater plants, lights, etc. Mobile asking need to invest in some sort of freshwater forum because a lot of people have been asking
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

You could just post in the vendors forum from now on.

I've just got the itch for smaller container ponds and maybe something a little larger in the yard(garden since I can't get anything to grow). I'm kind of on the hunt for bog plants at the moment. Anyone out there have pond plants they need to divide up?
bluwtr
Amoeba

Post by bluwtr »

Where I work we do a sample once a month at the Grand Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve on the MS/AL line. I stopped one day after our sample and dug up some cattails, duck potato, some hyacinth, duck weed and some lilies from ditches along side of the road. I planted everything in my pond that I installed in the spring and it is all doing great. I don't have anything to divide yet, but I thought telling how I got mine would help.
Wes

Beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

"I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them."--Judge Smails
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Have you considered any online business in addition to what you do now? The reason I ask is because I have some interest in starting up a small system and far scaled-down in comparison to the high-tech system I had before. Also, are your plants grown in submersed or emersed form?

Drew, I'm going to go ahead and move this to the vendors section.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
BamaPlants
Amoeba

Post by BamaPlants »

Hey guys,

Sorry I was so long with this reply. We have been busy little bees getting ready for this weekend. We DO have a website: Bamaplants.com. We created a site first, because we knew people would see the plants, not have money at the time, and want to buy later. We do however ship. We do not have any equipment such as lights or co2 setups at this time, just plants, gravels, fertilizers, and micro-nutrients. We will be doing a mineralized top soil, but that is not available yet. We do have some bog plants, but did not intend to bring any because of space constraints and because most folks are not doing ponds right now. Our plan is for Mobile and Pensacola to be our home base markets. We will be visiting both fairly often. The plants we have, were grown both emersed (with feet in the water but tops out) and immerersed (under water) depending upon how they propagate the quickest. However, we acclimate the plants to life under water, as they are sold as aquarium plants. All of the plants that we sell as aquarium plants are true aquatics. That is to say, they are not bog plants that require co2 in order to flourish. If any of you are planning to be at the market and see a bog plant that you like, we can certainly bring some. We will definitely let you guys know when we come down again....and will alert you in the vendor section.

Thanks,

Russ
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

I'm gonna check You guys out this Sunday at the flea market. And my friend is also. May have to pick a few up.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Hmm, I see you guys also carry carnivorous plants. Very cool and something I'll have to consider...
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
BamaPlants
Amoeba

Post by BamaPlants »

there is still a lot of stock left to get listed ( esp on the carnivorous plants). We are spending all of our time getting ready for Mobile right now and not taking the time to take pics and list other plants. Shame on us.. LOL but we are getting it all caught up pretty fast.
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

What All Of The Plants Are You Gonna Have At Mobile?
BamaPlants
Amoeba

Post by BamaPlants »

OMG.. ar e you serious??? lol ok I am doing this from quick memory so there will surely be things I miss.
Cabomba green
Cabomba purple,
Water wisteria
Ratala wallichii
rotala vietnam,
luwigia repens(natans)
ludwigias palustris
ludwigia sedioides
willow Hygro
Hygro pinnatafida
crypt wendtii Mi Oya
big clumps of crypt wendtii
crypt. balansae
Anubias nana
anubias gigantea
Java fern
trident Java fern
Myrio tuberculatum,
frogbit
limnophila indica
banana plants,
moss balls,
java moss
crypt nurii
bacopa caroliniana
bacopa monnierri
rotala rotundifolia
aponogeton ulvaceus, boivinianus,madagascarensis, crispus
H ( or E) tenellus
Hygro Kompakt
Dwarf Baby Tears
Giant Baby Tears
Indian Red swords,
Marble Queen swords,
radican Swords

ok I quit.. lol and other stuff lots and lots of other stuff
BamaPlants
Amoeba

Post by BamaPlants »

Val americana Tiger Stripe,
Val spiralis,
dwarf sag
isoetes lacustris
Hydrocotyle japan-- pennywort
Hydrocotyle verticulata -- pennyworts
maybe Marsilea quadrafolia
I could keep popping on and adding to this list all day.. lol I will stop now I swear and leave it at LOTS of other stuff too...
and probaby
drosera tracyi
white top pitchers
and maybe even some yellow top pitchers

lol
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

I'm making an Amazon Biotope for a 20 gallon long and I was gonna be looking for some background, midground, and foreground plants for this setup. I was also gonna be looking for a plant suitable substrate.
BamaPlants
Amoeba

Post by BamaPlants »

purple cabomba, bacopa monnieri, frogbit, . We are also working with Syngonanthus Belem and Manaus both of which are kick butt Amazon crown plants. E tenellus( pygmy chain sword NL) is a great plant to use as well. Rotala wallichii while not continent correct are Biome correct and replace some species that are basically unavailable here in the US at this point... but that is kinda determined by How rigid you want to stay.. the val americana is, after reworking of the genus Vallisneria, also a variation on species that grow in the Amazon

all the swords are appropriate the Marble Queen stays smaller by nature and would work pretty well in a 20 for a long time

Ken is making a large batch of the mineralized topsoil for base layer in planted tanks but it is a few days from being finished.. and he is mad it is not ready..lol but it will be available within the week and we have a fossil gravel which is loaded with sharks teeth ammonites etc that is the right size and a great appearance to cover the top soil base layer...
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

You Guys Have Nice Plant Selection. I will be back. The prices are awesome and the plants are healthy looking. I did really wish you had the soil. But thanks for the great advice also on the substitute soil and carbon source.