Coral for sale or trade for fish.

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Coral for sale or trade for fish.

Post by Fishfood »

Let me know if you have any fish that just don't do it for you in your tank anymore. My wifes work will no longer pay for livestock but she has coral that we can frag. I don't know what all she has. I know she has some leathers(green sinularia), pocilipora, zoanthids(king midus... hundreds) and I don't know what else right now. If over the next few months you have a fish you really don't want let me know and I'll see what we can do. I'm going to have her frag the green sinularia next week and see if she can get a frag of the king midus. She might be able to frag a tri-color acro as well. I think she has a purple cap that she could frag.
Buddy08
Copepod

Re: Looking for reef safe fish for trade for coral.

Post by Buddy08 »

wifes work wont pay for livestock? whats that mean? I have 2 damsels in my tank that arent really a problem but im not sure if i will want them in the long road... i want some anthias and a wrasse so i may replace them soon. i also have a pin cushion urchin that i will be glad to get rid of if you want.
ray803
Amoeba

Post by ray803 »

PM sent
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Ray,

I sent you another reply.

It looks like I might just sell a few of the things I picked up today and could list a few other things I think I can get frags of. The tank is only a 3ft wide 65 gal tank so bigger fish won't work.

I have a 4 head hammer coral for $15
I have 2 frags of a purple plating monti. Its not curving up like a cap but it is plating in her tank. $10 for the bigger piece which I'll have to measure and $5 for the one thats the size of a frag plug.

King Midus zoanthids. I have a rock with roughly 30+ polyps. I'll have to figure if I want to frag that into two frags of 15 or so and figure out what the going rate is these days.

Small fresh cut green sinularia frag. I don't know if I want to sell this until it heals. It was just cut today. It will be $10.

I can also get a frag of a tricolor acro. It looks pathetic in her tank because she they need new lights bad, but her tricolor is the size of a softball, just without good color.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Buddy08 wrote:wifes work wont pay for livestock? whats that mean? I have 2 damsels in my tank that arent really a problem but im not sure if i will want them in the long road... i want some anthias and a wrasse so i may replace them soon. i also have a pin cushion urchin that i will be glad to get rid of if you want.

To answer your question they bought a tank 2 yrs ago for the office. They got one of those all in one Red sea max 250 which is 65 gal I think. Anyway i hate the tank. They were paying someone to take care of the tank but then couldn't do that anymore, so my wife took over since she sees me mess in my tank they assumed she knew what she was doing. Most every coral in their tank came from me. Its not bad to have a backup in case your tank crashes right :D There were two people in the office who were allowed to purchase stuff for the tank. My wife being one and someone else who doesn't know anything about aquariums. Stuff would show up that shouldn't be in the tank. Anyway they are no long allowed to spend any money on livestock but can purchase the dry goods. I figured why not just frag their stuff and trade/sell it and use that to purchase new fish. My wife was gone for 3 month on maternity leave and the tank went to hell and they have 2 fish left.
Buddy08
Copepod

Re: Coral for sale or trade for fish.

Post by Buddy08 »

could you snag a photo of the king midas and the tri color acro? i may be interested in both. also, i wouldnt mind one of the plating monti frags depending on the size.
pheonixsoul25
Amoeba

Post by pheonixsoul25 »

Hey if she does drag the tri color let me know how much a frag please
100 gallon mixed reef
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Here is the best picture she had of the tri color. It looks brown to me right now. she says it has color but I just don't see it. Right to the left of it is another acro. We don't know what it is at this point and I have no idea why she put them that close together. I told her to cut me large frags with multiple branches and sell them for $10. more stuff to come that is now in my tank once we clear the camera.

andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Drew I will take one frag of the tri color acro. Is that the same one that I got from you before?
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
neptune aquacontroller III
Lighting = 3 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 6' VHO's,
Pumps = Panworld 100 (return), 2 x Vortech MP40, Seio 1500
ASM G-4 Skimmer, GEO calcium reactor.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

andy4499 wrote:Drew I will take one frag of the tri color acro. Is that the same one that I got from you before?
No that was a different one I think. I had 3 different tri colors all at about the same time. This one didn't do anything in my tank for a year and a half. Stayed at about a 2 inch frag with 2 or so branches. She puts it in her tank and it took off in a matter of weeks. The tank is in bad shape and the colors of the acros sucks. Her purple tort frag I gave to her is brown with purple tips. It use to actually be purple.

i'm in the process of getting more pictures but everything I take looks blue except my purple tort and my pearlberry which turn white with the camera i'm using. You will have to use your imagination because I just can't get decent pictures. I'll have to have Chris get on here and actually vouch that my corals have color. He was here just last week.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

King midas. to see better pictures google it. They look much better than what you see in my picture.

Here is the purple monti in her tank. She tried to get the top piece and it busted into 3 pieces.
Buddy08
Copepod

Post by Buddy08 »

i would like the hammer coral, and the king midas, are they more green or yellowish orange? I think i would like a small frag of them as well if you can come up with a price.
pheonixsoul25
Amoeba

Post by pheonixsoul25 »

awesome frag drew thank you ! its a shame to hear about the redsea tank, suck a great set up not to have the company suporting it!
100 gallon mixed reef