Mr Coral Order

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

andy4499
Chromis

Re: Mr Coral Order

Post by andy4499 »

Since this is still delayed. Anyone that wants to add anything to the order still can. Just let me know what you want to add.
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
neptune aquacontroller III
Lighting = 3 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 6' VHO's,
Pumps = Panworld 100 (return), 2 x Vortech MP40, Seio 1500
ASM G-4 Skimmer, GEO calcium reactor.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Ok Guys,

It looks like they are a go for shipping this week. I plan on being at home all day on friday and should have no problems getting the package this week. So if you ordered something try and get up with me on friday or let me know if that is not a good day for you and I can put them in my tank until you can get them.
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Well it looks like MrCoral screwed the dates up and they are unable to work on Thursday (due to family's). So they will not be shipping anything this week. I called them today to get this shipping date straight and he appologized and we have gotten things clear for next Friday as the delivery date. I expressed my fealings to him on this as it has been 2 months since we started this order and we need to get it shipped.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

I emailed the guys at Mr. Coral today to confirm the shipment will come in on Friday and they did say it will be shipped out tomorrow and it will be in on Friday morning. It will be coming to my house in Daphne so if you can arrange to pick them up on Friday. If you see that day will not work I can put them in my Quarantine tank and hold them for you with mine.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Apparently Mr. Coral can not handel large multi orders very well. Every coral that was purchased from the website and no corals were added by email this time. I tried to make it easy and email them a detailed word document, but I guess it was not good enough. If you ordered something spacific and it comes in wrong all I can say is sorry. It seams like when you order something on the site and don't have it shipped right after it is cut then you may get something you did not order. If you order something and have it shipped right away it will be the write thing, but it may be dead when it comes in. Seems like a loose loose situation. Anyways here is what they emailed me.

"Your package went out today. This was a really confusing order for us. Please on the next time each person that wants to do a order does it on there own not one order dividend it up into 3. We did not have everything on your guys list but we try to do our best.

Thanks

Sonny"
jt3069
Copepod
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by jt3069 »

i say we black list this company
someone should start a pole

thats just not good buisness
LIVING CHEMISTRY SET
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

jt3069 wrote:i say we black list this company
someone should start a pole

thats just not good buisness
This place has had a bad rep for a little while. The last group order had problems so I don't find this as a big surprise considering how long its taken to fill it. I should have no problem getting an acro crab but don't expect to get anything else that I ordered. Two were fairly specific and i didn't see many of them on there over the last month/two. I may have some $10 frags for sale. :D
jt3069
Copepod

Post by jt3069 »

i think by the end of this we may all just wind up trading
what they gave us

+ 1 on the acro crabs they better not screw that up
LIVING CHEMISTRY SET
bluwtr
Amoeba

Post by bluwtr »

Sounds like Mr. Coral is trying to force you guys to pay for individual shipping vs. putting it all in one order.
Wes

Beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

"I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them."--Judge Smails
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

bluwtr wrote:Sounds like Mr. Coral is trying to force you guys to pay for individual shipping vs. putting it all in one order.
well the way we ordered doesn't work with they way they operate. They are a chop shop and want to move the stuff as fast as possible. I don't think they like an open ended order that goes on for a month and a half. I've never had a problem with the 3 individual orders I sent. A few things didn't make it in the long run but some of the millies I got are really nice.
bluwtr
Amoeba

Post by bluwtr »

Maybe so, but to me it just seems like a very odd reply to Andy. If it were my business I would be apologizing profusely and trying to make amends. I work part time at Lowes, and one of the things they always preach about it customer service. It has been proven that 1 dissatisfied customer will affect 100 people through word of mouth. If ten people ordered on this order, then that's 1000 people who could possibly hear about the bad experience--not good for business, especially in this economy.
Wes

Beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

"I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them."--Judge Smails
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

bluwtr wrote:Maybe so, but to me it just seems like a very odd reply to Andy. If it were my business I would be apologizing profusely and trying to make amends. I work part time at Lowes, and one of the things they always preach about it customer service. It has been proven that 1 dissatisfied customer will affect 100 people through word of mouth. If ten people ordered on this order, then that's 1000 people who could possibly hear about the bad experience--not good for business, especially in this economy.
I really don't think that kind of stuff is hurting them too bad. They bring in a coral that would sell for $50, frag it into 10-20 pieces and sell them at $10 a piece and give free shipping to orders over $125, so they move thirteen $10 frags at a time. Like I said before they have been around a while and nothing has changed with them really.
Buddy08
Copepod

Post by Buddy08 »

meh, wasnt inpressed with the last order... this one was a rebound for them, if they mess this one up then i can honestly say i will shop somewhere else. we shall see. side note, thanks to andy for organizing this...regardless of the order situation, i appreciate you spending your time to do so
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

The corals are in and at my house. I am floating everyone package in my tank to keep the temp up for now. I have not looked at everyone’s corals yet, but I do see a few things wrong.

So far I have 2 DOA acros (dead in the bags)
JT & Drew = No acro crabs were sent
Tyler = Max Mini was subbed with something else.
JT = the Pearlberry was subbed with something else and is DOA

Call or text on when you think you can come by later today and pick them up. I will be available after 4 today.

Thanks, Andy
251-978-4517
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

That wasn't just a slight mess up. I didn't get 1 thing I ordered. In place of an efflo, blasto, zoa and acro crab I got 4 acros and two of them were the same thing. I will have 4 frags for sale once I see what they actually are.