looking for insect collection

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

redpheonix
Copepod

Re: looking for insect collection

Post by redpheonix »

Yeah thats cool. Thanks.
I need to pick up another identification book, the one I have is primarily beetles and oher insects and some spiders. Need to pick up the moth/butterfly one.
I've started pinning some of them if I have 2 of the same kind one with wings open and the other standard mount.
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred
AuroraDrvr
Copepod

Post by AuroraDrvr »

I should have some stuff for you.
redpheonix
Copepod

Post by redpheonix »

Cool that's fine. Just let me know.
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred
AuroraDrvr
Copepod

Post by AuroraDrvr »

redpheonix wrote:Cool that's fine. Just let me know.
If you can, pm me your address. I have class tomorrow (Tue) and could just drop off a box at your door beforehand. It's just a few beetles, but it's something. :lol:
redpheonix
Copepod

Post by redpheonix »

I would really like to get a Monarch butterfly. I saw 2 and missed both of them last weekend. So if anybody catches one please freeze it for me... Also still looking for cool beetles. I came across some bess beetles and a large false eye click beetle and a 3'' long grasshopper.
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred
Buddy08
Copepod
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Buddy08 »

found 3 of them just a flying.... damn things are fast. I looked like an idiot in my business attire trying to catch one the other day in spanish fort.
redpheonix
Copepod

Post by redpheonix »

I was at the park chasing a butterfly with my son and he spent the entire time laughing at me running around with that net.
The other day I was at the park collecting bugs again and had a girl come ask me if I worked for the conservation department, her bf had been pointing and laughing most of the time I had been there, told her "no just collecting for my son who loves bugs". If I had been single would have told her "no, I'm working with a group of people doing an independent study to determine the affect of the oil spill and how it affects the animals that feed on them". Haha
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

by the time you get this thing put together your son isn't going to be interested in them anymore.
redpheonix
Copepod

Post by redpheonix »

What I have is already up for the most part. My son looks at it everyday, I'm just going to continue to add to it as I go.
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

redpheonix wrote:What I have is already up for the most part. My son looks at it everyday, I'm just going to continue to add to it as I go.
I was just joking with you. I still don't understand how you couldn't find bug out where you live.
Buddy08
Copepod

Post by Buddy08 »

i would have told her "I couldnt help notice you staring at me and that douche bag laughing, its okay though, he didnt know i was trying to catch a present for you... want to grab a bite to eat?"

hahaa! i miss being single
bluwtr
Amoeba

Post by bluwtr »

LOL! VERY smooth...... :lol:
Wes

Beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

"I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them."--Judge Smails
Buddy08
Copepod

Post by Buddy08 »

thank you, thank you... this message is brought to you buy coors lite and lots of it! :shock:
redpheonix
Copepod

Post by redpheonix »

Haha, he was a prick and she was a HOT blonde. Then they left in a range rover his dad probably bought him. I told my wife she was just coming to find out if I was single.
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred
redpheonix
Copepod

Post by redpheonix »

I do find some bugs at my house but they are usually small. I collected a bunch of stuff at muni park and went over to 5 rivers and collected some beetle and a big grasshopper. The cool stuff is usually stuff you just stumble across, AuroraDrvr brought me some cool metalic green scarab beetles with horns, Katie found this huge regal moth the size of a hand, and another person mailed m a large walnut sized beetle someone gave them from Mexico. I used to find line moths and big rhino beetles every year as a kid but haven't seen any in years. I actually found the most moths st work on the ship flight deck under the floodlights.
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred