Short time sticky - Annoying board problem resoloved.

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

admin
Amoeba

Short time sticky - Annoying board problem resoloved.

Post by admin »

Fixed a horrible problem with the message board today, this has been going on since i set it up and finally fixed it today. People probably saw this problem when they initially logged in to the board that they had to log in twice, and to log out you had to do this twice. Also it would not retain your login often without logging in twice. The problem ended up being in a php file that retained the login code, but not in the server retaining the cookie settings like we initially thought. I have changed the cookie paths on the server and cookie settings in PHP more time than i care to. This last fix resolved the problems. Some may never see this problem but for me since i have to log in and out to do backups was really getting under my skin.
Last edited by admin on Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Look at all the pretty colors !! Is all that stuff in there alive ??"
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Yep, Deanna and I were getting tired of it, thanks for fixing that! :)
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

It was more than annoying for me, but there resolutions to the problem did not work. I just "happened" on a thread taking a different approach that was not cookie related.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Sweet......PITA resolved. Did not want to complain since I get alot of enjoyment outta the board and have never ponied up a penny to keep it up and running :oops:
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I would never ask for money unless it got into an absurd amount, i enjoy keeping it going, gives me something to do. I am the type of person that has to be doing something all the time or i get bored quick, but most of the time my parents plan my free time, anyone else have that problem ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

New button added, there are now STATISTICS !! Wow not much to look at but some may enjoy it. :)
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Wow, nice mod!!! I like it.
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I am still trying to convince myself to add more templates cause some people do not like Subsilver, but that is another undertaking. Would have to get people to vote on maybe the top 5.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Hey, BTW, just to give you something to do, the "smiley's used" portion of the stats is definitely broken; says each has been used once, and all stats are 4% on that last part.
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Error in the guys code, went with a previous separate version of the smilie module.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Found a bad path that was causing me and others to show as not being logged in after clicking on email post reply notifications. Hopefully all these bugs are getting fixed in time. So far I am not having logout/login problems after this last fix.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.