warts or pimples?

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

angelshark
Amoeba

warts or pimples?

Post by angelshark »

This is angel, Me and Brian (in P-cola) recently got two yellow clown gobies, they have been in the tank for less than a week. This morning i noticed what looks like warts all over both of them(their head, fins and body) :?: , it is the same color as there skin and seems to bother them a little, i have looked online and connot figure out what it is to see if it can be treated or may be contageous. Does anyone know what this is?
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Hi angel, sorry about your fishies not doing well, but it might possibly be "ICH." Just a guess from your description. Pics would be very helpful though. Check out this site for treatment options and description on Marine Ich..very interesting

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-08/sp/index.htm
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-10/s ... /index.htm
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

I can tell from personal experience that i will never buy Yellow Clown Gobies again. They just are not very easy to keep alive for long periods. They have a very picky diet, not very good eaters and are small even to fit down the smallest overflow screens. The Citron Goby seems like a better reef specimen but seems like we recently lost ours to ich when the Maroon Clown got ick, still battling that after 3 weeks but quaranteed them all tonight. Probably will have to seperate them if you want to try to save the Gobies.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
trick0330
Amoeba

Post by trick0330 »

you know...when mike and i had our clown gobies...the first about month we had them they looked like they had some sort of fungus or somthing... really pealy and bumpie but then they were fine and later died in the crash of monday :(