My Dell Laptop is Dead!

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Xster
Astrea snail

My Dell Laptop is Dead!

Post by Xster »

After talking with Shawn, I have decided to go play paintball this Sunday here in Biloxi. Was wondering if anyone else is interested?

P.S. Need to get out of the house, and away from the tank for a little bit.
Last edited by Xster on Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

That requires physical exertion, I think I will stay inside and take photos.I have Scotts laptop in about 100 pieces at work and he cannot get on the internet. I may charge the battery on the camera and go over his house and take some pics and let him get on the internet with my laptop. Plus we really do no have that many good shots of his tank (he also has a frag for me :D

Besides that takes to much physical exertion.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Hey Kevin, do you know how to replace a LCD screen on a laptop??? I need help. I dropped my laptop the other week. LCD cracked. I am looking for cheaper than usual way of repairing. I think computer still works fine. I can see some of the screen when turning on..

Help,
JOhn
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Argh!!!! Yeah he can fix it... but there isn't a cheap way out of that.....
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Since they are high even for exchange LCD, when you break one and we cannot send back the old one the price jacks up. You can still connect the laptop to a normal monitor out of the DB15 connector on the back though. Give me the brand and model and I can look you up the price for a replacement LCD. Occasionally I can get one fairly cheap.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Dell Inspiron 7500 It is approximately 15 inches and 5 years old. Find one... I need help..I hate not having it. :(
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

$598.00 and that is the lowest I can go without getting fired. That is the part without any labor. If you decide to get it I will need the service tag number off the bottom of it to order it. With a purchase that large I will have to have the laptop here to get the part ordered.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Or you could order a brand new Inspiron 8200 for $800-900 :-D
-Josh Murrah
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Hey Kev, would the first item that Brandon listed possible??? Just let me know. I rather not get a another laptop, only if need be. This is a P3 that has been very sufficient for our needs.

JOhn
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

You would honestly want to match up the part numbers exactly. The inverter and cable may not match to a different LCD. It is not uncommon for a manufacturer to have 4-5 different brand LCD's for a series laptop with the same model number. That is where the service code comes into play. Unless you are overly fond of the laptop you may want to at least consider a new one. Personally I would never go with the lowest priced of any manufacturer. Laptops in general have inherent problems and the cheaper ones show the problems the most. They are pumping them out cheaper and cheaper and the problems are showing up after the warranty runs out, go figure.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

snoopdog wrote:You would honestly want to match up the part numbers exactly. The inverter and cable may not match to a different LCD. It is not uncommon for a manufacturer to have 4-5 different brand LCD's for a series laptop with the same model number. That is where the service code comes into play.
Is there any way possible to find out the part number of LCD currently on my laptop and possibly match it with the one on ebay? What numbers do I need to give you? How can I go about finding out? Can I email the seller for the part number??

Just a thought, as I am very attached to this big ugly, bulky laptop.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

It is a Dell Model No: PPI Inspiron 7500

Service TAG: Y7X2C
EXPRESS SERVICE CODE: 574-763-88

SUB ASSY PN: 0009963T-12961-04C-0879 A01

Is there anything else that may be of any help?
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Well a few options. You can dissasemble the outer front plastic ring from the display assm and get the part number from there. I think it is normally 6 digits on a dell. Or I can check Monday
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Xster hijacked his own thread! :P :lol:
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "