Bottom of the ocean.

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Bottom of the ocean.

Post by snoopdog »

I know a few years ago National Geographic had a special on TV showing alot of the newly discovered inverts and fish they are finding with the new robotic subs. They made a pretty big deal on it in the news since we were not able to dive that far down and everyone was amazed at the amount of new stuff. Well trying to search the web for it today was fruitless since all you get are commercial sites selling books and crap. Anyone got any links ? There was one fish in invertebrate in particular that caught my interest and I never bothered to get the name and was going to research it a little.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I should had known you would have the links I needed, now for all the hours of reading. Did you notice that all of the deeper water fish have over-developed jaws and teeth ? I think this was my favorite though.

In this species, both the pearl-onion bulb atop the head and the hanging garden of bioluminescent filaments below glow as a lure to unsuspecting prey, which meet a nasty end in its ferociously fanged jaws. As artist Richard Ellis points out, this coal-black fish would surely be considered "one of the most horrifying of sea monsters" were it not the size of a baby's fist.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate