New guy needs a setup..

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

New guy needs a setup..

Post by Guest »

Well I am new to the saltwater idea, I had several freshwater tanks in the past. I am looking for something in the 75 gallon range for which I am going to build a stand and canopy. Beyond that I need everything. If someone could go as far as to list out everything I need to source I can begin my search for the parts. I have plenty of room so that's not really an issue. I'd like to get the tank and all of the equipment before I build the stand so I can better design the stand to fit the equipment. Basic wants for the tank are some angels, some clowns, some coral, and a few other fish. Any assistance is appreciated.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Well I have two large skimmers, a pump and sump up for grabs. I probably have miscellaneous other things. Brandon had dibs on the skimmer but I have not heard from him if he still wants it. We will let him post behind me to see if he still wants it or not.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate

Post by Guest »

As I said I am new, i know about the skimmer and such but are the items you have appropriate for a 75 gallon setup? How much are you asking?
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I wanted one of the skimmers and riser tube and the pump. Been a bit 'under the weather' lately.

I will never buy another used tank. Darned scratches.. I kick myself for getting this one used.
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

Snoop if it is possible could you bring what is not spoken for to the next meeting. I am trying to add a sump to an existing setup and you seem to have some things I could use, pump and skimmer also.

Not trying to hijack, just let me know if Brandon or Phillip deceide they are not interested, third dibs.

Joe
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yes all of the equipment was from my 75 gallon. The sump will NOT fit under a normal 75 gallon stand, much too large. The unclaimed skimmer that Brandon will not be buying is a Predator model from Rich, I paid quite a bit of money for it but will part out for $125
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

Snoop, I would like to see it if possible. I don't think I can get it now, cash flow still not fully recovered from holidays. When my tax return comes back I will be interested if you still have it.

Does it include a pump? Does it plumb in-line or go in the sump? Do you know what size tank its rated for?

Thanks

Joe
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

This is it.

http://www.aquaticwarehouse.com/site/go ... 017AAADA78

There will be no pump since Brandon will be buying it.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.