I actually bought something!

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

I actually bought something!

Post by Scott »

I got this encrusting Montipora (eithe danae or verrucosa) a couple of weeks ago at the Coral Connection. I saw a few other things that I would have like to have but I had to choose the one that I liked the most. I also went to Rick's Reef. They had quite a few things that I liked too. the picture was taken under Iwasaki's so the color is really better than it looks.
Attachments
Encrusting Montipora
Encrusting Montipora
montiresize.jpg (60.69 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
finaddict
Amoeba

Post by finaddict »

Where are these places located at. I've never heard of either of them.

Thanks
Jeff
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Great find....just a question....How much did that cost you? What do you think of Coral Connection and Rick's Reef?
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

What other interesting things did you see there Scott?

Whenever you wanna trade for a frag of that, let me know..... :)
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

It was $45. It is about the size of half a softball.

I went to Coral Connection first on Saturday. They were pretty busy but no one even acknowledged my presence. They had a lot of SPS frags but they looked to be all the same. Some of the colonies were a little bleached but nothing major. There were no prices on any of the things that I liked and when I asked no one knew and said I had to talk to George. He was busy but said it was $70. I walked out and went to Rick's Reef. They were very nice there and one of the owners lived in Mobile back in the 60's. They have a nice SPS display tank that was lit with 5 Geissman pendants. There were a few pieces in there that were larger and a few smaller. The larger were like $75 and the smaller were $50. I like that kind of set pricing so I definately will go back. They did have a few acros that were bleached or partially RTN'ed but none that were currently sloughing off tissue. I just couldn't decide and I am not one to make rash decisions so I thought about it overnight and went back to CC. They were not busy that time and they had put prices on everything and had put $45 on the Monti. After the worker bagged it up I went upstairs and talked to George for a while. I asked about another Monti and we went to look at it. He had a frag of it so he gave ot to me free. I probably stayed there the second time for an hour or more talking and looking at some pictures that George had of different tanks in the area.

So, I liked them both but if CC is busy I like Rick's Reef better. I really can't fault CC they were extremely busy.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

They are always busy especially on weekends. His disply tank has went extremely downhill, even though he does have alot of fishes in there.

Coral Connection is the reason that I got into the saltwater aquarium hobby in the first place. First time I stepped in there, I was hooked. Back then, he only had the upstairs and only the left portion. It was fairly very small.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Xster wrote: Whenever you wanna trade for a frag of that, let me know..... :)
As soon as I can get a frag from it I will.