Need big chunks of live rock...

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

tanker stanker
Amoeba

Need big chunks of live rock...

Post by tanker stanker »

I need to find someone around here that has big chunks of live rock they want to get rid of or someone tell me where to get some for a descent price. Call 251-625-4643. ask for Paul.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Rich at Progressive Marine had a full bin on Friday but i have no idea how much he sells it for. Looked like a mix of Fiji and Tonga branch. B&B had a full load of it too but i am never impressed with there quality of live rock.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
tanker stanker
Amoeba

Post by tanker stanker »

Kev, I would rather get live rock from the Daphne sewage plant than B&B!
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

tanker stanker wrote:Kev, I would rather get live rock from the Daphne sewage plant than B&B!
:lol: me too :lol:
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
JIM
Amoeba

Post by JIM »

Yall are bad!!!!!!
(YELLING JIM)
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I think that a lot of people have heard the horror stories about the marine department at B&B. I thought that they may try harder once they got the live rock tank but everything in that tank looks like the base rock that Rich sells. I have purchased stuff from their but I am VERY selective.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

I second that Scott!
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I started with 12lbs of Fiji out of that tank... stunk up the house REAL bad for about a week.. god, that was awful smelling. When it cycled, it was like any other live rock, lots of live stuff. I think the real problem is they aren't skimming it enough and don't have a lot of flow, I would think those would be bad for curing live rock.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
Dys
Amoeba

rock

Post by Dys »

I was in B&B yesterday, their rock tank was lowest I had seen it. NOthing overly interesting, maybe they have some better/newer stuff coming in.

I started my tank with 18lbs of rock from there (which is still new), but was cleaner some other rock I got elswhere and never once has it smelled up my house :D

I am not impressed by B&B rock but atleast you have a good idea of what you are getting when you look at it, no real surprises (aiptasia, worms, bad algea) atleast in my opinion and experience.

Will say one of my rocks is actually having some nice growth startng to pop up.
I'll respect you in the morning, but I won't wake up till noon.
Scott
Goby

Re: rock

Post by Scott »

Dys wrote:I was in B&B yesterday, their rock tank was lowest I had seen it. NOthing overly interesting, maybe they have some better/newer stuff coming in.
Not likely. I go in there on a regular basis looking for a nice resonably priced (not dying) fish and the live rock always looks the same. If they would just overskim that tank and keep their calcium level up maybe they could get the going price for live rock. Otherwise it is the same as what Rich sells as base rock for half the price.
tanker stanker
Amoeba

Post by tanker stanker »

I hate going to B&B to get fish too because everytime I do, they ask me "what size tank do u have?", like I just started reefing yesterday. I mean are they trying to sell fish, or trying to keep it all for themselves. Next time I'm gonna tell them that I have a 10000 gallon tank and ask them if they want to come diving!
tanker stanker
Amoeba

Post by tanker stanker »

Well, anyway if anyone has or knows someone that is breaking down a tank and is wanting to get rid of their live rock, give me a holla. I would really appreciate it!