New Sump change out

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

tbmoore
Astrea snail

New Sump change out

Post by tbmoore »

Well that was fun....The sump I got from Kevin did not fit thru the side doors I found out about 6:30am when I got the rubbermaid sump out. Now what to do....Either make some kind of brace and cut out a brace then swap back after the sump is in (not a good idea with a 240gal stocked reef) or remove the fuge and cal reactor ---- take the end panel off of the stand and come in thru the end. I chose option #2. About 11am I got everything back in place and started to repipe. To make a long ...long ...long story short I finally got water back in and pumps running about 2:30pm. Another hour or so to clean up and mop and that God that is over. Will continue to ck for leaks on new pipeing and start doing water test tomorrow after everything settles out. Ended up doing a 50gal water change in the process. Hope everything does ok...pumps off longer than planned...fish were gasping a little up toward the top of the tank when I finally got things going. Anyway I am glad to get rid of the rubbermaid sump...being out of town so much it was starting to worry me. The size of the stand would not allow the heavyduty rubbermaid and the light ones tend to get brittle after a yr. Anyway just wanted to let off a little steam...time for a shower and rest up...this old man is beat....PS....The new sump is great...Thanks Kevin..just wished that was an installed price....
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

Sounds like a job well done Terry. I plan a little sump work sometime next month, now I know who to talk to.

Joe
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

I knew that you would get it done. Nothing stands in a reefers way when he wants something bad enough. I know you will enjoy the acrylic sump over the rubbermaid. I bet it holds more water too.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Good Job Terry..... now if you have any spare time...mind helping me with my frag tank??? :lol:
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

no problem... I will come over and relieve you of your frags....problem solved
:lol: :lol:
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Hahahahahaha! Terry to the rescue, every time :)
-Josh Murrah
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

tbmoore wrote:no problem... I will come over and relieve you of your frags....problem solved
:lol: :lol:
I never had a problem with my frags!!! I have a poroblem with setting up my frag tank!! Frags are never a problem!!!!
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

sorry honest mistake.....
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

tbmoore wrote:sorry honest mistake.....
That will cost you a frag!!
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »