My first Illustrator pic

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

My first Illustrator pic

Post by harbingerofthefish »

Well I finally unpacked Illustrator this morning and after fooling around with it for a couple hours this is what I did as my intro. Although it has a lot of the same features as photoshop, it has some things PS doesn't, so I need to learn either how to do some things in Ill. or send it to photoshop and use it's tools.

p.s. just eating bandwidth ;)
Attachments
0003.gif
0003.gif (8.36 KiB) Viewed 1377 times
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

I spent the last 6 hours trying to get my Wireless mini PCI card in my laptop to work with Redhat. Here it is at 1:45am and finally figured i was not resolving addresses because i had no DNS in my resolve.conf file. It's funny how people do not add the "entire" range of steps when they release a faq. Anyway finally connected to the router and all is well, time for bed.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Good Job, wish I had drawing talent.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Sorry for the babbling it was late. Did you do that from scratch Allen ? If so that is a great job !!!
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
tanker stanker
Amoeba

Post by tanker stanker »

I agree, real talent! :)
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Still like your website design too Allen, it is very original. Keep up the good work on it.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

snoopdog wrote:Still like your website design too Alan, it is very original. Keep up the good work on it.
Yeah about that. I tried to log into it throught hte FTP and it wouldn't let me in. Nothing new to add pic wise just was going to spice up the layout and such.

Yeah I did it from scratch. Nothing special. It's all I could come up with after fiddling with the program. Not bad for 2 hours on the first try I guess.

nice ramble snoop, taking this "off topic" topic to heart eh?
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Sorry for the mispelling on your name. Yeah after the run i had that night on my nic i was offtopic and very tired. Hardware manufacturers piss me off with there lack of support for other operatiing systems.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.