Added pumps

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

tbmoore
Astrea snail

Added pumps

Post by tbmoore »

I got tired of the Tunze out of stock and I refuse to go on a list...I know those pumps are good and wish I had one but nothing is that good....It is a way to keep price up and control market....but on with my problem and cure....I needed more water flow in my 240 reef...I already had two mag2400 for return pumps from the sump and I had a closed loop of two Douphin DP800 set up on a wave maker which one was on for 6min then off 6min the other was set up 4min on 4min off. The Douphin pumps were both on one end of the tank shooting down either side of the rock which is in the center of the tank being it is a see thru tank. The problem was at the far end of the tank did not feel I was geting enough flow....I took two more Douphin DP650 pumps I was using for water changes and put on the other end of the tank ---one on each side--- also on wave maker but these are set up 10min on 10min off. This really makes the water move...and surge...considering some pumps in closed loop are 4min, 6min, and 10min on and off, and places a pump in each corner of the tank. It will be interesting to see if I get any better coral growth...and much cheaper....with no wait.... :lol: :lol: I will have to purchase another Douphin pump for water changes but this should work...
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I noticed today when the xtra pumps kick on it pushes the water to the other end of the tank....Still do not know about growth increases but the water is moving much better. It is smoking