Aquaworks

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Aquaworks

Post by Scott »

Does anyone know when Aquaworks is open? I need some salt in a bad way but don't want to buy a bag from B&B when I can get a bucket from them for a little bit more.

Thanks,
Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

I think from like 10-5 Monday through Saturday. I've been by there around lunch time on weekdays and they are of course open.
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Check out the light-rail while you're there.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

yeah the light rail is pretty cool, Tim said he uses it to keep all his corals from growing towards the light if it were staionary...i can understand cause ive had toadstools lean...also, mon-sat 10-6...never catch him when hes bout to close...hes an ass....id just call to make sure hes not out to lunch... 850-438-3043
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Went to Aquaworks and Reef Scapes today. Very dissaponted in Reef Scapes. There were dead or dying corals in the large display tank, the floor was wet and the place stunk like death. I liked Aquaworks even though their acros didn't look the best at least they were alive. The light rail was very cool. My wife agrred but didn't like the $200 price tag. Their prices on other drygoods weren't too bad either.

Scott
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

stunk like death
Ha ha ha

Seriously Scott when we make another group trip you need to go. Reefers is a nice place.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

I went to Aqua Works yesterday and picked up some cool stuff. I didn't make it to Reefers but will go back to P'cola soon. I would also like to take a trip to New Orleans. Does anyone know of any nice places over there?

Elizabeth
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I think Scott has been to this place:
http://www.coralconnection.com/home.html

I definetly need to go somewhere or order from somewhere.. my tank is ready for some corals, but all I have right now is rocks / sand/ algae/ and a few crabs.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I think he had a good report of it, but a little far. Would have to be a group effort to make it worth it.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

I have been to Coral Connection many times. Great place. When you get alot he gives you good prices. I have spent (or forgot) quite a bit of money there!!! :)
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I have been there. I was specifically looking for sps and they had none. I might have gone on a bad day though. If you go you can sign there guest list and they will send you sale e-mails. Good prices on everything they did have.

Scott
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

yeah it all depends on what day you go on, ususally tuesdays is his shipment..
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yeah I loved Reefers though, that rocked.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Visited AquaWorks yesterday, and came back with lots of stuff for a pretty good price. A Scooter Blenny, Purple Thingy (see coral/critter id forum), 3 little pieces of pulsing xenia, some turbos, Some really really small sps frags, a nice pipe-organ.
Everything is looking good except the little sps frags, I have not glued them to anything, and the damnit-all snails keep knocking them into the sand.

There was one heck of a wreck on I-10, and traffic was really backed up (ie: just not moving) from 1:30 - 7:30pm , we got stuck in that on the way home for 2 hrs though.. ugh.

Oh yeah.. this is the first coral I have added to the 125, the sps went into my smaller tank though, because the calcium stays where it should. The 125 still looks very empty.
I did pick up a Spectacled Hawkfish, and a royal gramma last weekend from Amazon's Rainforest. The hawkfish is way cool, but the gramma we never see unless it is feeding time.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Man, it seems that everybody went to P'cola when I was gone. I got caught in the traffic coming back from the Keys, we got rerouted around the world and it added about an hour and a half to our already long drive.

Just some advice go ahead and mount any frags that got. I have lost a few to falls on other corals or top first into the sand. Either stick them in holes or superglue them. If they are large enough you can use Oatley's epoxy from HD.

Scott