Salt Water Tile

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Salt Water Tile

Post by snoopdog »

I am redoing our whole house before we start adding on the back for more room. Most will see some of this during the reef meeting. I want to tile over our countertops and started looking this week for tile to do it. As I am browing around I saw the coolest thing, Reef fish ceramic tile. They had Clown Fish and a few others. Has anyone been tile looking and seen a wide selection ? I need some ideas to make it look cool, they had the tile there but nothing to give me an idea of a layout to make it look cool and not cheesy. I am talking about small accent tiles for like the border, not the bigger murals below.
Last edited by snoopdog on Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Kinda like the upper border like this one

But not the murals like this as I think you would need a larger area to do it.

"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

That is actually pretty.... Not what I was expecting when you described it.... I like the mural on the bottom
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
SaltnLime
Chromis

Re: Salt Water Tile

Post by SaltnLime »

snoopdog wrote:I am redoing our whole house before we start adding on the back for more room. Most will see some of this during the reef meeting. I want to tile over our countertops and started looking this week for tile to do it. As I am browing around I saw the coolest thing, Reef fish ceramic tile. They had Clown Fish and a few others. Has anyone been tile looking and seen a wide selection ? I need some ideas to make it look cool, they had the tile there but nothing to give me an idea of a layout to make it look cool and not cheesy. I am talking about small accent tiles for like the border, not the bigger murals below.
Sweet tile. Are we going to get step by step pictures of the work, like the pond? :shock:

What countertops the bathroom or kitchen :?:

Dude, your wife likes fish tanks in the living room AND wants fish tile in the house. You should quit your job and burn incense in her honor all day long :!: :D
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Hell and she plays Everquest on occasion and likes horror movies. Hell she like Mexican food and margaritas, what else can you ask for.

The fish tile would be for the bathroom, either the shower walls or the countertops. Thinking of going to the Foley Hoods Tile and looking around. The carry Florida Tile brand check these out

http://www.floridatile.com/Default.htm
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Heck !!! Everyone should just quit their jobs and burn incense in my honor... I rock :oops: Just kidding...

As for step by step pictures... Kevin gets really ILL when he is doing projects, pictures are not a pretty sight- they could be held as evidence so I don't know if I will be taking any... :)
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

snoopdog wrote:Hell and she plays Everquest on occasion and likes horror movies. Hell she like Mexican food and margaritas, what else can you ask for.

The fish tile would be for the bathroom, either the shower walls or the countertops. Thinking of going to the Foley Hoods Tile and looking around. The carry Florida Tile brand check these out

http://www.floridatile.com/Default.htm

WOW! That florida tile place has some nice stuff. I forgot how good tile can look. Any idea on how much change you would have to drop to get some of that tile?
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I will know soon, going to Hoods in Foley in a week or two. They sell Florida Tile.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Those are Awesome! I saw a similar set to the bottom one at lowes or home depot.. I forget which one. They would all look very nice.