Mass Order

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Mass Order

Post by snoopdog »

Thinking of getting started on doing a mass order if I can get enough people interested and get the ball rolling. Anyone need anything or have any interest in this. I am not even set on a vendor yet so need input there. In the past had the best luck with FF express. I am talking livestock for me, just need to replace some stuff that has cacked over the year. I went to B&B today and god there stuff will never change. Most everything was a skeleton or horribly overpriced for the size. Orrrr.......we could go to P'Cola and pick up stuff but we may do better mail order and all split the shipping. Just a thought, lets get some feedback.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

I'm sure I can find something I need or want from a group purchase. :? I might even be able to get a coral or two if I ever get my tank up :twisted:
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Depending on when and if I can find enough used equipment I might be interested. Where are you thinking about ordering from? Does Marine Depot have livestock that you are interested in?

Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

I could use some hardware for the 20. The only thing besides zoos i'm looking to add to my 7 is maybe some more xenia (i'll never learn :wink: ) or encrusting anthelia, but I don't see paying $25 a frag for the stuff.
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I need some cleanup crew... snails mostly, maybe some red-legged hermits.
-Josh Murrah
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Clean Up Crew Here.. Need lots. Want snails, fighting conches, and a some crabs.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

I'll take some clean up crabs 'n' stuff. Let talk about this tomorrow and get an order going
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

I have wholesale accounts with some full line pet suppliers and SW only suppliers. I can get IO delivered to me for less than $40 for a 200 gallon bucket.....only problem is I have to have a $300 minimum order. This is the same supplier that B & B buys from....sells other supplies for birds, dogs,cats and small animals too.

I would love to do another order.....

Let me know!

Elizabeth
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

How do you pick what you can order ? Got a web page with prices ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Well, I have catalogues.....pricelists.....kinda just let me know what all kinda stuff you want and I will look it up for you. Pretty much, if B&B carries it I can get it. I also buy from a SW specialty wholesaler out in California.....they have the lighting, skimmers, etc.

Let me know!

Elizabeth
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Mainly softies Liz, I need ZOOS !! And many colors.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Haven't seen any movement on this... just thought I would get this ball rolling again. I am planning on placing a livestock order from http://www.petsolutions.com wanted to see if anyone else was interested in getting in on this to help split up the shipping. It looks like the shipping will be $39.99 from looking at their web page. They are pretty limited in coral selection , but great fish selection.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I ordered what I needed a couple of weeks ago... I tried multiple times to get more people onboard with the order I made, but ohwell. The prices were stupid cheap, and the livestock all made it... I lost like 4 snails, and the other 150+ animals are still going at it, almost ALL my algea is long gone, nothing but coraline left.
-Josh Murrah
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

We can't decide on whether or not to order anything...
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I'm mostly just wanting fish. I'll worry about getting some more snails,crabs when I have more algae.
I want a purple tang, but the prices around here are high.. very high. It would pay for the shipping with this one fish for me.

So far what I want: Purple tang, leopard wrasse, blue linckia starfish, and haven't decided on what else.. maybe another royal gramma, or a blennie of some sort, I'll probably throw in some more stuff also, would like a hammer coral.