Round 2

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

wtrhed
Copepod

Round 2

Post by wtrhed »

I finally decided to go another round. I ordered a new tank today and am glad I did. It's just not the same without a tank. After Ivan I was pretty sure I was going to quit. It didn't take long for me to realize I had to do it again. I will have pics up by the weekend.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Good choice. I have wiped out all my fish, most of my corals and everything in the tank on several different occasions. I just picked my @$$ up and started again. I learned a lot making those mistakes and I won't make them again.

What size tank?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

I just ordered a new 110 tank because the old ones seams were showing age. The good thing about all this is that I get to start back with much more knowledge and equipment than I had when I set my first two up. I have decided to dedicate the 110 as a "showpiece" tank for the den and the old 75 will be a seperate grow-out system. Where as before the 75 was in the den and HEAVILY overstocked and the 110 was in our room with mainly just rock and a some frags. My situation know is an empty 75 with 100-150lb of good sand but dry, and the 110 filled to the top with liverock from both tanks and it's old sandbed. The 110 has just been a holding/recovery tank for the rock and anything else that survived. I have come to like the way it looks with alot of rock, so that will be the new theme. Another good thing is that I can finally have a drilled and plumbed tank to my specs.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Eddie I am glad to hear you are starting it back up. If I can help with anything just let me know.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Awesome news! :D
Karen
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Great.....would like to see some pictures when you can...